By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

£9m in agents fees last two windows

Rimbeux

So we paid £9m to agents over the last two windows

Total amount paid to Agents in the period 1st October 2009 to 30th September 2010: £9,032,528

This was just behind Chelsea, both 50% more than anyone else, and a fair whack of the £67m PL total

It might explain why the payroll rocketed to £120m, if it was placed there. But what was it all about, contract extensions, free transfers, getting rid of players?

These major ones came and went I think

•  
  • Maxi Rodriguez
  • Jonjo Shelvey
  • Raul Meireles
  • Christian Poulsen
  • Brad Jones
  • Middlesbrough
  • Danny Wilson
  • Milan Jovanovic
  • Joe Cole
  • Fabio Aurelio
  • Paul Konchesky

•  
  • Dossena
  • Voronin
  • San Jose
  • Mascherano
  • Riera
  • Cavelieri
  • Nemeth
  • Yossi

Premier League

Offish

Hard not to leap to the Joe Cole conclusion.

Suspect selling Mascherano isn't as easy as you'd think either but I've always thought there was traction in the rumour he was only on 30k a week.

Have we agreed any contract extensions since September 09 as well? There's defo Pepe.

EDIT: And Benitez and all his staff. They will have triggered as much as possible on the way out.

DOUBLE EDIT: And obviously The Hodge coming in with the whip hand.

Edited by Knox_Harrington

Hard not to leap to the Joe Cole conclusion.

Suspect selling Mascherano isn't as easy as you'd think either but I've always thought there was traction in the rumour he was only on 30k a week.

Have we agreed any contract extensions since September 09 as well? There's defo Pepe.

all those contract extensions attract agents fees as well

no way masch was on 30k btw, not a chance in hell.

Edited by Mike

Seeing as we've spent under £30m or similar in that time on the way out, it just seems ridiculously high next to Man City for example.

I'm thinking it's the free transfers and actually paying Voronin's man to find him a club, remember Bernie Mandic getting £2m for finding a buyer for Kewell.

Wherever it's come from, it just looks like a massive waste of money.

Aldo was adamant the 17m to the company that owned him was a fee for them and his total wages for the contract. Wouldn't stop banging on about it. Chimes with the rumours he wasn't on much at all knocking round 09.

Suspect you are probably right though.

i heard him talk about that myself, totally ridiculous if you even give it a minutes thought...he'd have gone on strike.

i heard him talk about that myself, totally ridiculous if you even give it a minutes thought...he'd have gone on strike.

I think Tony Barrett (and a few others) came out with "Barca were willing to double/triple his wages" kinda thing. Elisha alluded to it himself on here didn't he? I can't remember.

So we paid £9m to agents over the last two windows

Total amount paid to Agents in the period 1st October 2009 to 30th September 2010: £9,032,528

This was just behind Chelsea, both 50% more than anyone else, and a fair whack of the £67m PL total

You see. This is one of the many many reasons that ridiculous bloody net spend argument and that spreadsheet was such bobbins.

And the bigger the player turnover the greater the wastage on agent fees.

You see. This is one of the many many reasons that ridiculous bloody net spend argument and that spreadsheet was such bobbins.

I think that is a key point. It's a year on year increase of £2m for us, so not a freak. I'm genuinely thinking we've paid Voronin's agent and others to find them clubs, and/or had to pay them off from big money contracts with agents fees on top. There is also the negotiation and pursuit of so called free transfers.

Cant see how Masch costs us big here, he was desperate to go, had suitors and was reported/rumoured to have taken a personal hit to push the move through.

How does that work with Man City who have had a huge turnover of staff in the past 12 months? And for siginificant transfe fees

Personally, I think Rimbeux is correct. Free transfers and agents working to find new clubs for unwanted players

are agents regulated in any way does anyone know? or can they pretty much make up their own industry's rules as they go?

Yeah they are regulated by Fifa. Whatever that is worth.

I see some Irish fella is trying to get in on the action. I wonder does he post on here?

Liverpool fan's bogus Anfield trips scam

Friday, 3 December 2010

A Liverpool fan who scammed fellow supporters out of thousands of euro by organising a bogus trip to Anfield is facing prison if he doesn't compensate them, writes Brian McDonald.

Jonathan Farrell (25), of Merlin Park Lane, Galway, admitted at Galway Circuit Criminal Court to five sample counts of theft of varying amounts of money in January of last year.

Garda Evelyn Barrett said that Farrell had got between €200 and €300 from several people on the basis of providing tickets for the Liverpool versus Chelsea matches, along with flights and hotels.

Judge Raymond Groarke adjourned sentencing for two years, by which time he wanted to hear that Farrell was crime free and making a real effort to compensate his victims.