By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Just a quicky..

Red

Had a friend (a Leeds fan no less!), say to me the other day he was under the impression, "one of the reasons we are in such a mess" (sic), is because Rafa had taken many of the staff with him when he was sacked.

I'm really not sure how true this is, (although it's not unusual for a club to lose at least one or two of it's coaching staff when a manager is asked to leave), however I can't seem to find this info' anywhere on the internets to confirm exactly who left and who didn't.

Does anyone know how many staff actually went with, or left when Rafa' left?

I dont think it takes a great deal of analysis.

The current manager is setting the team up in ways that do not play to the players strengths or sufficiently dominate games to get enough points. He inherited a group more than capable of the top four, but rather than push them back there by retaining what they do well and rebuilding belief, he's approaching it as if they are top six aspirants, not certainties. It's likely he knows no other way.

Funnily enough, I thought this was going to be about forumites.

I was actually wondering where MFletch' had gone the other day I used to enjoy reading his defence of Rafa' and the subsequent 'discussions'.

Oh, and in addition to my previous post, I have "let Rafa' go", but I would hope it's still OK to talk about him as we do any other former Liverpool manager.

I was actually wondering where MFletch' had gone the other day I used to enjoy reading his defence of Rafa' and the subsequent 'discussions'.

Oh, and in addition to my previous post, I have "let Rafa' go", but I would hope it's still OK to talk about him as we do any other former Liverpool manager.

Really? Up with that kind of thing? :o

I dont think it takes a great deal of analysis.

The current manager is setting the team up in ways that do not play to the players strengths or sufficiently dominate games to get enough points. He inherited a group more than capable of the top four, but rather than push them back there by retaining what they do well and rebuilding belief, he's approaching it as if they are top six aspirants, not certainties. It's likely he knows no other way.

Sorry Rimbeux, I was specifically referring to the coaching staff who either left or didn't as the case may be, not the players. If only 2 or 3 of the coaching staff left then my mate's impression is wrong. I simply wanted to clarify exactly who and how many left so I could put him straight on that point. There are plenty of other points he has on Rafa which, I agree, have been argued and 'done to death' on these boards.

Sorry Rimbeux, I was specifically referring to the coaching staff who either left or didn't as the case may be, not the players. If only 2 or 3 of the coaching staff left then my mate's impression is wrong. I simply wanted to clarify exactly who and how many left so I could put him straight on that point. There are plenty of other points he has on Rafa which, I agree, have been argued and 'done to death' on these boards.

didn't mean to jump in, but my thoughts are that it's not really that coaches have left, they tend to do what the manager tells them and they either create a good daily working environment or do not; more that the instructions are at the heart of the struggles. Most managers take a pet coach or three and an assistant everywhere

True.

However there seems to be an opinion going, shared by my mate, Rafa' actually sabotaged ours and RH's chances by intentionally taking a heap of the backroom staff with him. While other arguments concerning Rafa' are subject to opinion, I hoped this one could be settled by making a simple head count, if you get my drift.

Edited by Red

True.

However there seems to be an opinion going, shared by my mate, Rafa' actually sabotaged ours and RH's chances by intentionally taking a heap of the backroom staff with him. While other arguments concerning Rafa' are subject to opinion, I hoped this one could be settled by making a simple head count, if you get my drift.

Headcount should do it, as should pointing out that the backroom staff tend to follow the manager and/or get booted out by the new man for his own. Many neutrals believed in Roy and the idea the English manager has been undervalued.

Fair question, I have wondered this too.

Can't people just let him go.

FFS people can discuss a former manager as much as they want, why does it bother you so much if people want to do so. You don't like it? Well nobody is holding a gun to your head to read it. Your acting like a brat.

Headcount should do it, as should pointing out that the backroom staff tend to follow the manager and/or get booted out by the new man for his own. Many neutrals believed in Roy and the idea the English manager has been undervalued.

Yep. I was disgusted when rafa went but when I realised more than likely we'd be losing Xavi Valero also i started to get very angry. his research alone was worth a few goals for us every season, examples being aurelios goal vs Chelsea and the research on pen takers against pepe. In fact I'd be worried if a manager came in and didn't want his own people on board that would share his vision.

FFS people can discuss a former manager as much as they want, why does it bother you so much if people want to do so. You don't like it? Well nobody is holding a gun to your head to read it. Your acting like a brat.

He has a phobia of RB. Thats the only explanation

His hatred is Irrational - after what RB did for the club, to not have great respect and admiration for the man is bizzare

intense - gets easily wound up whenever someone brings RB up in discussions or gives him credit

and persistent - is there everytime trying to knock RB whenever someone brings him up or slags off roy

Edited by Sion

Simply asking the question David.

Just joking.

He has a phobia of RB. Thats the only explanation

His hatred is Irrational - after what RB did for the club, to not have great respect and admiration for the man is bizzare

intense - gets easily wound up whenever someone brings RB up in discussions or gives him credit

and persistent - is there everytime trying to knock RB whenever someone brings him up or slags off roy

You dummy. It was a gag, because every time me and a few others mention Rafa we get accused of being obsessed. Oh the irony.

Hilarious coming from you .. "sure Roy blah blah ... but Rafa blah blah and has a stupid goatee"

Another deep thinker bites.

Just joking.

You dummy. It was a gag, because every time me and a few others mention Rafa we get accused of being obsessed. Oh the irony.

Another deep thinker bites.

You do this all the time, say something and whenever someone calls you on it you say 'I was only joking' and call them names.

Now, either you are joking all the time (which would explain alot of your posts) or you just don't like being pulled up on it. Personnally I'm not bothered either way.

If you take offence at this, I was joking.

You do this all the time, say something and whenever someone calls you on it you say 'I was only joking' and call them names.

Now, either you are joking all the time (which would explain alot of your posts) or you just don't like being pulled up on it. Personnally I'm not bothered either way.

If you take offence at this, I was joking.

f***ing hell. The lad clearly made THE most innocent of enquiries, so why would I seriously pull him up for mentioning Rafa ? Especially when I'm personally accused of over mentioning Rafa. It was the lightest weight low level 'gag' conjured in the spur of the moment, but I'm being pulled on it. You honestly think I have a problem with him asking a question about Rafas staff ? Really ? Jesus wept.

Yes, to be clear, for those at the back, I was joking, and I think it was pretty obvious that I was. It says it all that I'm having to justify this. You, for one, should know better.