By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Spirit Of Shankly: Direct Action - Sunderland and Blackpool

Spirit Of Shankly

If the march happened to spontaneously turn into a blockade or a group of like minded boycotters stood outside instead of going in, I'm sure SOS wouldn't be against either.

It will arrive at the ground too late. This plan reduces the chance of a blockade

And nothing in the statement is what i would call 'Direct Action'

Well in SOS

Just hope to f*** that the ones who shouted down previous protests in the ground are better educated now and will support direct action

What Direct Action? Noone who we need to influence will be in the ground to here the songs and see the flags.

All that sort of thing has been done before. And there is no time for it to build up to something greater. The something greater needs to be now

Agree with you Gibo, but in the interests of harmony let them do whatever they are going to do, at least it's something.

No point criticising anything at this stage, just choose what you feel is likely to have more impact and is more appropriate for you and get on with it.

Agree with you Gibo, but in the interests of harmony let them do whatever they are going to do, at least it's something.

No point criticising anything at this stage, just choose what you feel is likely to have more impact and is more appropriate for you and get on with it.

I know what you are saying, but i would like to see a blockade before the Blackpool game, and it can't be done effectively if everyone is on a s*** march

I know what you are saying, but i would like to see a blockade before the Blackpool game, and it can't be done effectively if everyone is on a s*** march

i remember the last matchday march i was on went past the Flat iron and loads of lads stood out having a lager rested their pintglasses on the windowsill to politely applaud the efforts of the marchers, f*cking galling it was

key thing is to get publicity out there about a blockade to give people a choice, also perhaps the march will be a distraction to other things going on around the ground? would be interesting to see if timings coincide

I'm not keen on any of their direct action ideas either, though. Can't see much point in revisiting failed efforts unless they can get people to put their ale and sausage dinners down and join in.

A blockade would set fan against fan in direct conflict.

Marches and protests in the ground attract media attention, hence do have an influence. Our own supporters fighting each other will hardly send out the right messages

A blockade would set fan against fan in direct conflict.

Marches and protests in the ground attract media attention, hence do have an influence. Our own supporters fighting each other will hardly send out the right messages

why would it lead to conflict? who is going to be fighting with who?

the other stuff has been done, btw

Just sent this to them.

With the colour black being the symbol of mourning that has already been taken up by the excellent 'Standards Corrupted' shirts, why not ask all fans attending the Sunderland and Blackpool games to wear black.

It could easily be a bin bag placed over your clothes, in fact if it was a bin bag would this be symbolic as well ?

Everyone has access to a bin bag in their house, all you need to do is request that they wear it during the games.

Just an idea I thought I would pass on.

Keep up the good work

I presumed it was meant that the fans would set up a blockade to prevent others getting into the ground.

If that's wrong I stand corrected

Don't know if anyone is proposing to do that, there's been some suggestions but no more than that from what I've seen.

The blockade is aimed at delaying the team coach, a sit-down protest or stood in the street, something like that.

Too little, too late. Banners, flags and marches have achieved f*** all in real terms over the last couple of years. They attract attention and build support, but to what end? There has to be ACTUAL action. The owners know how we feel, they don't give a f*** though! They don't need our support for their plans to succeed, they do need our money. The ONLY way we can achieve anything is to hit them in the pocket. We're repeating the same failed actions that have led us to this situation. I'm actually stunned by how poor a plan this is.

Too little, too late. Banners, flags and marches have achieved f*** all in real terms over the last couple of years. They attract attention and build support, but to what end? There has to be ACTUAL action. The owners know how we feel, they don't give a f*** though! They don't need our support for their plans to succeed, they do need our money. The ONLY way we can achieve anything is to hit them in the pocket. We're repeating the same failed actions that have led us to this situation. I'm actually stunned by how poor a plan this is.

I'd rather they did nothing, cos they wil take focus and willing lads away from much better plans

I'd rather they did nothing, cos they wil take focus and willing lads away from much better plans

well they've done a bang-up job of throwing a spanner in the works of people planning genuine, real direct action. this isn't direct action. it's more indirect stalling, more of the same and has been proven to achieve f*** all.

SOS has been a dead loss for about 18 months now in terms of genuine protest.

It will arrive at the ground too late. This plan reduces the chance of a blockade

And nothing in the statement is what i would call 'Direct Action'

i deleted a lot of what i wrote and posted the response i did because i didn't want to have too much of a go - after all, i'm imploring everyone to Do Something so it felt a little bit hypocritical of me but to be honest, i agree with what you've said here..

it's not enough and if it pulls people away from where there will be ACTUAL direct action then it's a nothing statement and will achieve all it's achieved in the past - nothing..

these are tried, tested and failed methods they're talking of using, again..

what are other forums saying about this? has anyone fed back to them that this is s***?

SOS should be told this at the meeting. Make it clear to those in attendance that there are alternative activities already in place.

The SOS 'official' march could be an excellent way of diverting official attention from any blockade plans, increasing that action's level of success.

The more this kind of conversation is taken offline, the better.

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=handcuffs&wrapid=tlif12850081945852&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=-aqXTIjBOsO88gbdj5WNDA&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=5&ved=0CFcQrQQwBA

Everyone needs them.

Hundreds handcuffers to the gates and railings outside. Settle in with a comfy cushion to sit on.

Edited by New York Red

http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&q=handcuffs&wrapid=tlif12850081945852&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=-aqXTIjBOsO88gbdj5WNDA&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=5&ved=0CFcQrQQwBA

Everyone needs them.

Hundreds handcuffers to the gates and railings outside. Settle in with a comfy cushion to sit on.

You coming over soon yeah?