By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

LIVERPOOL v CLUB ATLETICO DE MADRID

ynwa.tv

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KEEPERS

• Asenjo.

• Roberto.

DEFENDERS

• Antonio López.

• Heitinga.

• Ujfalusi.

• Álvaro Domínguez.

• Pablo Ibáñez.

• Juanito.

MIDFIELDERS

• Raúl García.

• Maxi Rodríguez.

• Paulo Assunção.

• Simão.

• Cléber Santana.

• Jurado.

• Reyes.

STRIKERS

• Agüero.

• Forlán.

• Sinama Pongolle.

KEEPERS

• Asenjo.

• Roberto.

DEFENDERS

• Antonio López.

• Heitinga.

• Ujfalusi.

• Álvaro Domínguez.

• Pablo Ibáñez.

• Juanito.

MIDFIELDERS

• Raúl García.

• Maxi Rodríguez.

• Paulo Assunção.

• Simão.

• Cléber Santana.

• Jurado.

• Reyes.

STRIKERS

• Agüero.

• Forlán.

• Sinama Pongolle.

We'll take that one wrapped up to go please

We'll take that one wrapped up to go please

at the start of half time tomorrow if Aguero ran down the tunnel as an Atletico Madrid player and came out after half time as a Liverpool player.... what an unveiling that would be....

then I will wake up and see Voronin and realise it was all a dream.

August 07, 2009

Fernando Torres: “I will feel a bit strange out there”

Last season an injury left Fernando Torres on the sidelines for the two Champions League matches between Liverpool and Atletico Madrid. On Saturday, the striker will finally get the chance to face his old club at Anfield. Just 24 hours ahead of the meeting, Torres spoke exclusively to his official website.

- What are you thoughts ahead of what will no doubt be a special occasion for you?

The game is only a friendly but I’m still really looking forward to it. I would like that the two clubs meet again in the Champions League, but I must admit that what I would really love, would be to some day face Atletico Madrid at the Vicente Calderon.

- What will the atmosphere be like at Anfield?

I have noticed that there is less expectation surrounding the game than when the two sides met in the Champions League. I’m sure though that I will feel a bit strange out there.

- What will you do if you score?

I wont do anything.

- Not even a small celebration?

I insist that I wont do anything. I just hope that if I were to score, that the Atletico Madrid fans will not be too upset.

- Do you hope to see many Atletico fans on Merseyside?

There are always Atletico Madrid fans at Anfield. The two clubs are bonded and I hope that it will be a great day out for everyone, and that they enjoy themselves just as much as they did at the Vicente Calderon and at Anfield in the Champions League.

- What kind of game do you expect?

Both teams want to win. It’s our last warm-up game ahead of our opening Premier League fixture against Tottenham. For Atletico Madrid, it’s their last game against a tough opponent before their Champions League qualifier. I hope that we get to see a good game and that everyone involved has fun.

The two clubs are bonded and I hope that it will be a great day out for everyone, and that they enjoy themselves just as much as they did at the Vicente Calderon and at Anfield in the Champions League.

There was a bit of a friendly vibe, till a lot of that was undone by our phantom penalty at Anfield.

Will be around with the man who has seen fit to have me as his Best Man on Monday. He's either not the brightest or short of options.

Anyway, where and when before the game?

Around the King Charles I guess :unsure: I have no idea if people even venture in the Oakfield these days! Anyway, one of them two then, clear as mud ;)

Around the King Charles I guess :unsure: I have no idea if people even venture in the Oakfield these days! Anyway, one of them two then, clear as mud ;)

The Oakfield's closed down. I'm over for the game, did the stadium tour yesterday and decided to wander down there for a pint. Seems it's up for sale. Bit disappointed tbh as I'd looked forward to checking it out when I got the chance.