By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

let the revolving door begin ........

Red Yoda

the transfers that seem to be being worked on could quite easily be described as replacements for certain players who are leaving ..................

finnan ......... £ 2m ................. degen ................... free

riise ............ £ 4m ................. dossena ................ £ 7.5m

alonso ........ £ 14m ................ barry ..................... £ 15m

kewell ......... free ................... milner ................... £ 5m

pennant ...... £ 5.5m ............... bentley ................. £ 13m

itandje ........ £0.5m ................ _________ .............. ________

crouch ......... £ 8.5m ............... _________ .............. ________

voronin ....... £ 1.5m

income ........ £ 35m ................ outgoing ............... £ 40.5

if the majority of those or equivilant transfers go through then we would be looking at roughly £ 4.5m having been spent on new players .

usually there is about £ 20m ---- £ 25m available for transfers during the summer

if the usual happens then rafa would be looking at having somewhere from £ 15m ---- £ 20 m still available .

i know we would mostly all love to see us going for villa from valencia but he is likely to command a transfer fee in excess of £ 30m if and when he moves this summer .

i unfortunately think it looks highly unlikely that we might go for him .

the only chance i see is if we dont go for say milner and then use the extra funds to put more of an intial down payment for villa . dont know whether it would still be enough though .

heres hoping rafa has a bit more money available than the normal budget .

if we could get the targets that we seem to be after and then go for the cherry on the cake { villa } then i think we would be very much so , in contention next season .

.............................................................reina

...........................................................________

degen..............................................................................................................dossena

arbeloa.............................................................................................................aurelio

..............................carragher..............................................agger

...............................skrtel.................................................hyypia

..............................mascherano.........................................barry

................................lucas

bentley....................................................gerrard..................................................babel

kuyt..................................................................................................................benayoun

...............................................................torres

...............................................................villa

you could very easily add insua and plessis into the squad there too .

the above is only one possible formation , there are lots of different alternatives .

all in all that i think would be a very improved and very well balanced squad .

We can't buy David Villa only to use him as backup for Torres.

i did say that what i had put down was one of many formations that we could play . in no way would i imagine that villa would be back up to torres , they are both equally as excellent as the other and you would imagine that both would start the majority of matches , no matter what the formation .

We can expect Milner to arrive :ohmy: but he is right-sided not a replacement for Kewell. I can't see us going for Bentley & Milner when we still have Kuyt to play on the right.

Riera or Downing are the main left-sided links.

Edited by beejay

We can expect Milner to arrive :ohmy: but he is right-sided not a replacement for Kewell. I can't see us going for Bentley & Milner when we still have Kuyt to play on the right.

Viera or Downing are the main left-sided links.

kewell played up front at times leaving the left vacant and milner played down the left alot of those times , but i know that he has played mainly as a right sided midfielder since leaving leeds .

Guest ziggystardust
Villa's got a long way to go before he's as excellent as Torres, the overstyled little upstart.

why do you say that, villa has been more consistent over more seasons that torres.

Guest Kaizer
Villa's got a long way to go before he's as excellent as Torres, the overstyled little upstart.

How come?

I would say they are as good as each other, but if you had to make a choice I think Villa just edges it.

Fernando Torres vs David Villa.

05/06:

League: 36(36+0) matches - 13 goals.

League: 37(35+2) matches - 25 goals.

06/07:

League: 36(36+0) matches - 14 goals.

League: 36(35+1) matches - 16 goals

07/08:

League: 33(29+4) matches - 24 goals.

League: 28(26+2) matches - 18 goals.

Total:

105(101+4) matches - 51 goals

101(96+5) matches - 59 goals

Spain stats 05/06 - 07/08:

27(21+6) matches - 8 goals

28(24+4) matches - 18 goals

Edited by Kaizer

How come?

I would say they are as good as each other, but if you had to make a choice I think Villa just edges it.

Fernando Torres vs David Villa.

05/06:

League: 36(36+0) matches - 13 goals.

League: 37(35+2) matches - 25 goals.

06/07:

League: 36(36+0) matches - 14 goals.

League: 36(35+1) matches - 16 goals

07/08:

League: 33(29+4) matches - 24 goals.

League: 28(26+2) matches - 18 goals.

Total:

105(101+4) matches - 51 goals

101(96+5) matches - 59 goals

Spain stats 05/06 - 07/08:

27(21+6) matches - 8 goals

28(24+4) matches - 18 goals

have you not learned that this is total and utter b*llocks yet? and is a complete waste of yours and everyone else's time?

Guest ziggystardust
have you not learned that this is total and utter b*llocks yet? and is a complete waste of yours and everyone else's time?

but it isnt is it? Before last season villa was the more consistent. He may not be the more naturally gifted but before torres signed for us villa proved the better goalscorer. Just because torres now plays for us doesnt suddenly change anything. I still prefer torres as he is more explosive but it is clear that villa has been more proven over more years than fernando.

Guest Kaizer

Whats b******s about it?

Villa create a lot more chances for his team mates as well and he works just as hard if not even harder.

So if there was a case for one of them being better than the other Villa just about sneaks it.

But they are both superb players so why come out with stuff like what was said above?

Whats the use, other than to confirm its biased b******s?