By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Where is Agger & Kewell?

Dee

Kewell is getting ready for next season, he will be like a new signing

I'm disappointed you didn't pick up on the obvious grammatical error in the thread title and make a comment about the Irish educational system.

It's blatant Dutchism! :rant:

Kewell is allegedly signing for Juventus... obviously Ranieri's scouting reports are a little out of date. Agger had an operation to clear up his foot problems - back next season.

metatarsal fracture right? that normally takes 8-12 weeks to sort?

How has it taken so long for his injury to heal?????

I'm disappointed you didn't pick up on the obvious grammatical error in the thread title and make a comment about the Irish educational system.

It's blatant Dutchism! :rant:

I noticed the error - however I added Kewell in at the last minute to the post text and forgot to update the title :rolleyes:

however, it could be interpreted as:

- where is Agger

- and Kewell?

but then I forgot the comma :rolleyes:

who needs punctuation anyway

Gary Lineker had to retire due to a metartarsal injury. Michael Owen also missed nearly a season with a similar injury so you are way off line with your comments.

Agger didn't have an op thinking that rest would cure the problem, it didn't and he had a couple of setbacks before they put him under the knife.

It did heal in that time, but every time Agger attempted a comeback there was a problem. He managed a half for the reserves but the foot was still causing pain (think there was still some floating, dislodged bone or something - my girlfriend has the same thing and it can give her hell). There were attempts to get him some special boots to offset the pain, but with Skrtel coming in and doing well it was decided it was best to get Agger back under the knife and ready for next season rather than risk his future. As mentioned, small bones in the foot can be awkward when they break. Sometimes the comeback is fine and without complications (Alonso came back okay this season - wasn't his a metatarsal too?), but at other times it's tricksy.

Well, either that, or Agger's a massive cokehead - depends on whether you want to believe the club or a bunch of Everton fans.

Edited by hisdumbwaiter

didn't they find a piece of bone (broken) in aggers foot as a result of the original brake that was causing the discomfort? and the op was to remove that piece? or did i dream that up ? The original fracture had healed but this piece was giving him jip?

didn't they find a piece of bone (broken) in aggers foot as a result of the original brake that was causing the discomfort? and the op was to remove that piece? or did i dream that up ? The original fracture had healed but this piece was giving him jip?

Yep, a bit of floating bone.