By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Just got back from the match

sutty

I have jet lag, from the time difference and that.

Anyway - was sat right next to the arsenal fans. There was one fella there covered in badges, scarves etc, Must have been 50 odd years old. Almost certainly a virgin. Giving it loads all through the game. The steward next to me goes, what a facking cant that bloke is. I said to him "you not an arsenal fan then?". He goes "Yeah mate. He's just a facking cant".

The other thing is the way that they announce the team before the gane. Calling them all by their 1st names. Playing at centre back.... Phillippppppe! You bunch of d****eads.

Anyway, good result, good 1st half. s*** defending for their goal. Advantage us. Second leg will be a f***ing nightmare to watch.

Obviously not used to dealing with big European nights as the lack of anything approaching stewarding at the turnstiles left the police struggling to deal with a big crowd - not sure which out of the police and stewards are really to blame, but it's not hard to have a preliminary ticket check to weed out those trying to blag, and some kind of queueing system might be a nice idea to avoid a somewhat terrifying crush on the way in

Also, what was with that far left corner opposite the away fans that seemed to be full of reds, many with what looked like new red & white bar scarves

Very odd

And the Famous c**k was only open to home fans after - the first time I've known that and I've drunk in there after many Arsenal games, even ones when they've played Spurs, Chelsea or the Mancs, not just us

The other thing is the way that they announce the team before the gane. Calling them all by their 1st names. Playing at centre back.... Phillippppppe! You bunch of d****eads.

They do that so that the crowd can shout the players surnames, it's very common in the Bundesliga.

They do that so that the crowd can shout the players surnames, it's very common in the Bundesliga.

I know. But it's actually embarrassing, because the crowd are so quiet that they don't really do it.

So it just sounds like the berk on the PA is calling them by their 1st names.

Obviously not used to dealing with big European nights as the lack of anything approaching stewarding at the turnstiles left the police struggling to deal with a big crowd - not sure which out of the police and stewards are really to blame, but it's not hard to have a preliminary ticket check to weed out those trying to blag, and some kind of queueing system might be a nice idea to avoid a somewhat terrifying crush on the way in

That was a f***ing nightmare.

If there is a queue 20 deep that is moving forward, why the f*** did they start pushing people, at the front, backwards into the oncoming crowd and then decide to send a horse to box us all in. Well done, you pricks.

Their atmosphere was s**** last night. Only noise they made was when they scored, but it was nice of Dirk to take them down to their usual level.

I had to listen to the start on the radio

Commentators were laying into the crowd.

Graham Taylor was saying how it was '1-0 to Liverpool already'

As their team came onto the pitch, the crowd was considerably less than 50% in their seats I reckon.

At Anfield, the ground'll be rocking 30 minutes before kick off.

Is it better or worse than Gunnersaurous though?

Got in through an empty turnstile to an empty stadium at just after 7. No problem. But realised there must be a probelm of some sort when the place was still half empty when the teams came out. It was the same in their end as it happens. Very quiet in there as always.

There was an odd little scrap in our end with two blokes with grey hair throwing random punches at each other ( smacking some innocent lad in the process). Then one of them gets out a large ketchup squeezy and starts spraying it around, plastering loads of people with tomato sauce. Including Lee, Ali and Brenda. No stewards or police around to step in and break up the ketchup wars.

Got in through an empty turnstile to an empty stadium at just after 7. No problem. But realised there must be a probelm of some sort when the place was still half empty when the teams came out. It was the same in their end as it happens. Very quiet in there as always.

There was an odd little scrap in our end with two blokes with grey hair throwing random punches at each other ( smacking some innocent lad in the process). Then one of them gets out a large ketchup squeezy and starts spraying it around, plastering loads of people with tomato sauce. Including Lee, Ali and Brenda. No stewards or police around to step in and break up the ketchup wars.

I said somethinmg very inappropriate to Brenda. I couldn't resist. The set up line was too good.

Something in the Post about forged tickets apparently?

There was a lad blatantly trying to bunk in infront of me.

Subtle as a brick he was. Unsuccessful, obviously