By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Further LFCSN Questions

Guest LFC Supporters Network

Further LFCSN Questions  

264 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy to see Tom Hicks and George Gillet still owning the club in the summer?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you prepared to boycott all official Liverpool FC products as well as match day refreshments and facilities until Tom Hicks and George Gillett have left the club?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Are you prepared to boycott any companies who currently have links with Liverpool FC such as Carlsberg and Adidas or any who institute links with Liverpool FC until Tom Hicks and George Gillett have left the club or until the companies in question cease their partnership with LFC?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Guest LFC Supporters Network

REMEMBER, CLICKING VIEW RESULTS BEFORE YOU HAVE VOTED MAKES IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR YOU TO VOTE.

Hello

Following on from the success of last week's poll, we've got some more questions for you to discuss and answer. The polls will close at around lunchtime on Wednesday and results will follow as soon as we have them. Thanks again for your input last week.

LFCSN

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested to hear what the point is in boycotting sponsors such as Carlsberg or Addidas.

The argument, in very, very brief terms, is that they profit from Brand LFC and are in a position to put pressure on the current owners if they feel the brand isn't what it should be. And boycotting them means the owners will find it harder to find other people to buy into Brand LFC meaning that they will find it harder to make money out of the football club.

It all comes down to hitting them in the pocket.

it would be interesting to see the same poll run this time last week. prior to the announcement etc

Pass me my time machine!

Can question 2 be clarified? Are you suggesting boycotting tickets or not?

The argument, in very, very brief terms, is that they profit from Brand LFC and are in a position to put pressure on the current owners if they feel the brand isn't what it should be. And boycotting them means the owners will find it harder to find other people to buy into Brand LFC meaning that they will find it harder to make money out of the football club.

It all comes down to hitting them in the pocket.

Hardly the fault of those two companies who have been very useful financial backers of the club. I realise sponsorship works boith ways but our deals with both have been very good for us over the years haven't they?

Every question negative again

Lets have a survey containing entirely negative questions again and then tell the world this is the viewpoint of liverpool fans and lets angle it with the intention of causing as much negative public press coverage as possible by adding the boycotting of other companies to it in order to push the agenda of getting the americans out if the club

I am boycotting LFCSN for being biased and not allowing freedom of speech.... You lot have an agenda to get rid of the americans and you are creating questions with the sole intention of helping that agenda

Lets have a survey containing entirely negative questions again and then tell the world this is the viewpoint of liverpool fans and lets angle it with the intention of causing as much negative public press coverage as possible by adding the boycotting of other companies to it in order to push the agenda of getting the americans out if the club

I am boycotting LFCSN for being biased and not allowing freedom of speech.... You lot have an agenda to get rid of the americans and you are creating questions with the sole intention of helping that agenda

Would you be happy to see Tom Hicks and George Gillet still owning the club in the summer?

how is that a negative question

what questions would you suggest

I don't see how Q1 isn't a positive question.

I don't see how, after last week's vote and its results and the fact that everyone wanted to discuss how we go forward from where that left us questions 2 and 3 aren't fair enough.

Vote or don't vote, lots of people clearly feel comfortable answering no to question 3 and that's fair enough. The point is to find out what people think and then go from there.

what form will this boycott take?

send us a strongly-worded email; I'll make sure it ends up in the right place

lets have a survey on the opinions of your 4 family members like the other thread then?

Hardly the fault of those two companies who have been very useful financial backers of the club. I realise sponsorship works boith ways but our deals with both have been very good for us over the years haven't they?

The point is you use whatever leverage you can. If that means getting sponsors to have a word, that's credible. It's not a question of blaming them, it's using them for leverage.

If you focus on HuytonR you're going to bury the question about the relevance of boycotting the sponsors.

I dont think you've answered that properly yet.

Not looking for a row, I'm genuinely interested what you think you're going to achive by it.

I agree with the other measures.

085760-sulk-1.jpg

The point is you use whatever leverage you can. If that means getting sponsors to have a word, that's credible. It's not a question of blaming them, it's using them for leverage.

Thanks Rimbeux.

I guess it makes some sense.

Would it actually make any difference to them in real terms though, would the sponsors notice it?

Edited by Gobez

If you focus on HuytonR you're going to bury the question about the relevance of boycotting the sponsors.

I dont think you've answered that properly yet.

Not looking for a row, I'm genuinely interested what you think you're going to achive by it.

I agree with the other measures.

First of all it was a suggestion by someone on another site which we've felt was good enough to be the third question in this poll. It's something that has been discussed elsewhere at length.

I think it achieves 2 main things:

1. It puts pressure on Adidas and Carlsberg etc. to place pressure on the current ownership to secure the value of the branding. So it means that if they are staying it's another headache and another reminder that they need to stay "honest" as it were.

2. It makes the club less attractive to any other potential commercial partners (of which we have many) by making clear that an association with a Hicks and Gillett run Liverpool could undermine any potential value it would normally have.

It's the logical extension of consumer pressure.

I like marches and all that but here I think (and I'm talking for me) the bottom line IS the bottom line. The more bottom lines you hurt the more likely you are to bring about changes you want.

Boycotting the club and the clubs sponsors will not make them leave, it will just decrease any funding on players and lead to player sales to cover the payments.

We need to boycott companies linked to G&H but not specifically Liverpool.

Plus sponsors etc have fixed contracts, they can't back out of them so what is the point? It would also make us less attractive in the future no matter who the owners are. It really would not be helping.

Edited by Gomez