By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

ITS OFFICIAL!

Barnesy_10

Out of interest did David James get a good reception?

I hope he did - I always liked James as he comes across as a genuine bloke, even if he always was a disaster between the sticks...

yep he did... he acknowledged the applause he got start of second half with a lengthy applause back toward our fans...

Out of interest did David James get a good reception?

He got a warmer welcome onto the pitch than the reds. :o

Just to add my two penn'orth; We've played is it 46 games so far this season? I'd imagine there area good few regular matcgoers experiencing 'mid-season match-fatigue'. It'll get better once we have something o play for.

That we should have spanked Man City (and Arsenal come to think of it) yet on,lly managed to hobble over the line at 1-0 doesn't exactly inspire the crowd either... I sensed a lot of frustration in the Kop today.

Edited by Gaz_J

Guest Barney Boots

Yesterday was pretty dire,probably the worst its been all season.

The pessimistic side of me can't see next week been much better either. :(

How can you expect people to clap when their hands are full of plastic bags, video phones and digital cameras.

How can you expect people to sing when they are talking into their mobile phones or texting or taking pictures.

But why would they be doing that more for a 1215 game against Citeh than a 3pm game against someone else

the atmosphere is generally not what it should be - but yesterday was much worse than usual

But why would they be doing that more for a 1215 game against Citeh than a 3pm game against someone else

the atmosphere is generally not what it should be - but yesterday was much worse than usual

It's getting worse. There are several reasons for this, I think the main one is that you don't sit with mates like you do away from home or at cup ties.

It's getting worse. There are several reasons for this, I think the main one is that you don't sit with mates like you do away from home or at cup ties.

But that hasn't changed so does not explain why it is getting worse. Not sure that it has got worse over the last 5 years in any case, really