By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

European Cup

Murphman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're mad.

and...

Riise might be our most underrated player ever!

I'M mad??? You're as mad as a box of frogs!! :lol:/>

I agree with deathscar, JAR was a key part of the best defence we've had for a long time.

He was the weakest link by a f*cking mile, being surrounded by better players than you doesn't make you a player.

how many times have you seen Moreno play, Murph?

I know where you're coming from but I saw plenty of ginger and without a shadow of doubt if the game was tomorrow I'd start Moreno ahead of Riise, he really does look to be an outstanding talent, Riise never did, ever.

I know where you're coming from but I saw plenty of ginger and without a shadow of doubt if the game was tomorrow I'd start Moreno ahead of Riise, he really does look to be an outstanding talent, Riise never did, ever.

somehow doubt you were saying that when he scored against Everton or that thunderbolt v Utd.

You've been Knoxed.

Jury is well out on Moreno, he's played half a dozen games is all.

somehow doubt you were saying that when he scored against Everton or that thunderbolt v Utd.

You've been Knoxed.

Jury is well out on Moreno, he's played half a dozen games is all.

He lived off those goals for years, how many free kicks did he blast over the bar and into the wall after the rocket against the mancs? I didn't ever get excited after a bit, you just knew he'd balls it up. and if you want a good example of a great goal from him then Cardiff 2005 was a magnificent strike. But generally he was a very average footballer, and yes the jury is out on Moreno but every now and then you see a kid and think wow. he's got everything to his game from an attacking perspective and he's a good tackler too, apart from probably being a bit naive defensively, hopefully that will come, he offers a lot more than old ginger.

Harry Kewell, who never did a tap in a red shirt is making some lists yet Riise isn't worth consideration?

Big, droopy, balls.

You're not seriously comparing the two as players are you? Kewell was frustrating during his time here but was a vastly superior player to Riise in the scheme of things.

well, I can recall free kicks v Bayer in the CL & Chelsea in the SF @ OT that were non-too shabby too.

If Moreno turns out to be as good as him, I'll be happy. [Just as long as someone at Melwood teaches him to kick it with his right foot]

well, I can recall free kicks v Bayer in the CL & Chelsea in the SF @ OT that were non-too shabby too.

If Moreno turns out to be as good as him, I'll be happy. [Just as long as someone at Melwood teaches him to kick it with his right foot]

Why can't lefties kick with their right? I hear it's a myth, just more obvious but I don't believe it?

You're not seriously comparing the two as players are you? Kewell was frustrating during his time here but was a vastly superior player to Riise in the scheme of things.

In terms of their contribution in a red shirt Kewell doesn't even belong in the same conversation as Riise.

I'M mad??? You're as mad as a box of frogs!! laugh.gif/>

He was the weakest link by a f*cking mile, being surrounded by better players than you doesn't make you a player.

At least Johnson I could kind of understand - vehemently disagree with (he hasn't achieved anything), but it's understandable.

f***ing Enrique and Moreno over Riise?

At least Johnson I could kind of understand - vehemently disagree with (he hasn't achieved anything), but it's understandable.

f***ing Enrique and Moreno over Riise?

Listen. I don't/didn't rate Riise., I wasn't the only one and if we were playing Milan tonight I'd pick Moreno ourely on the basis he can fly up and down that flank all day, tackle and not wear Napoleon hats after the game, what is there to not understand?

• 1 month later...

Istanbul 10 year reunion May 25th at the Echo Arena.

I find that a touch embarrassing. We weren't doing that 10 years after Rome. You win something, you get your head down and win it again, or something else. If you don't, you keep quiet or it ends up seeming a bit sad. Like something Newcastle would do if they ever won a trophy.

I'll enjoy the Istanbul nostalgia more when we've won our next European Cup or league title. I hate the 'we won it 5 times' song too, now.

My everlasting memory of JAR is that f***ing header that essentially cost us a place in the 08 final

Ditto, I've cried once at a football game and that was when I was about 10 when Ljunberg scored in Cardiff.

I came very close to doing so that night, the stupid f***ing one footed s***house

I find that a touch embarrassing. We weren't doing that 10 years after Rome. You win something, you get your head down and win it again, or something else. If you don't, you keep quiet or it ends up seeming a bit sad. Like something Newcastle would do if they ever won a trophy.

I'll enjoy the Istanbul nostalgia more when we've won our next European Cup or league title. I hate the 'we won it 5 times' song too, now.

What Liverpool needs is more poems, movies and plays turned into movies about Istanbul.