By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Martin Kelly

Dan

Our best player last night for me. After a couple of shaky performances previous to last week he's really showed some promise these last couple of games.

Last night his positional awareness was really good, he was aggressive, quick, strong in the tackle, put in a couple of good crosses and defended difficult balls into the box well.

I've not seen a lot of him at centre half but according to many this is his best position. Potentially could be Carra's long term successor if he's ever given a chance to play there?

I fully expect him to be dropped as soon as Johnson is fit. Thing is, Johnson as a RB really doesn't fit into Hodgson's footballing ethos; his main attributes are effectively made redundant in the way that we are now set up. He'll still play him though.

I originally wasn't that keen on the GJ to right midfield shout but I'm coming round to it.

Me neither, but Johnson is completely wasted at RB now which actually makes him look a poorer alternative to Kelly at the moment.

Would love to see Kelly RB and GloJo RM/W bombing down but doubt it somehow

second that.

Presently we do not have one player more siuted down the right flank as Johnson, because he can provide us with the desperate needed pace down the wing.

didn't have a great game last night, but he wasn't alone by any stretch.

Thought he grew into it very well watching on the internet. You probably had a better view if you were at the game mind. Don't think Shelvey coming on will have helped him.

this is can't beat him, join him talk. we want to see the team attacking more, have it on the front foot, but at the same time we want to move the england full back to right wing.

the attacking thing to do is keep johnson in his natural position, play lucas, merielles and gerrard (freer) in midfield, and look to go out and dominate possession and territory so that you can get one of the best attacking full backs in the world up in support of the attack.

that's a far better option than putting him at right wing and persevering with our incoherent, unbalanced, and defensive set-up.

kelly's done well recently in a team that spends the majority of games in it's shell.

Eh? Not having that.

he really didn't have a good game. he played very well at chelsea, but he wasn't good in the previous games he played for us either.

it is a gamble playing him, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

in a lesser way a bit like lucas, he was really average again last night and downright awful at times (not the only one - dirk) , yet i've been told on here he's been truly excellent for a year and half.

if johnson is fit i'd still play him over kelly - but i would like to try johnson right mid kelly right back to see how it worked out.

he really didn't have a good game. he played very well at chelsea, but he wasn't good in the previous games he played for us either.

it is a gamble playing him, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

in a lesser way a bit like lucas, he was really average again last night and downright awful at times (not the only one - dirk) , yet i've been told on here he's been truly excellent for a year and half.

if johnson is fit i'd still play him over kelly - but i would like to try johnson right mid kelly right back to see how it worked out.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I thought he certainly did more right than wrong.

The lad has guts - the run, cut in and shot he had with his left peg v Chelsea showed guts and confidence in his ability. Well in!

well it would be a bit of a problem if he had to play with a colostemy bag

:mischief: