By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Current Ownership Debacle - Poll

Bromage

310 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Liverpool being taken over by another US based group?

• I?m happy at LFC being taken over by NESV, based on the information provided by the LFC Chairman.
    • I?m unhappy at LFC being taken over by another US Group, under any circumstances.
    • I?m undecided about LFC being taken over by another US Group.
  2. 2. Do you think Liverpool can win honours this season?

• League
    • Uefa Europa League
    • FA Cup
    • None of the above
  3. 3. Do you think Liverpool could be relegated?

• Yes, if the Premier League impose a 9 points deduction
    • Yes, even if the Premier League don't impose a 9 points deduction
    • No, even if the Premier League impose a 9 points deduction
    • No, not under any circumstances

This poll is closed to new votes

The link to this poll was originally posted yesterday but as a number of people commented that it was clearly designed to lead to specific answers, we closed the thread. However The questions are still relevant but the options need to be more balanced and cover most opinions, so I have revised the lst and perhaps people would like to vote based on their views today.

This is challenging to answer clearly.

If Roy is in charge I think we can be relegated, however if Kenny comes in post takeover I thik we might win the UEFA for example.

Regarding the takeover, as things stand anything is better than G&H so obviously I am happy, however I am also not convinced one way on the other whether they are good owners for us.

With Roy, I think we'll get relegated with or without a 9 points deduction.

With Kenny in temporary charge, or with a permie manager of the equivalent class to Rafa, I don't think we will get relgated with or without a points deduction. In fact, without the deduction we could still go for 4th.

But the change has to happen soon. Every week waited is 3 points less for the new manager to get.

With a nine point deduction, I think we'd be in serious s*** relegation-wise if Roy remains in charge. We'd go to the bottom of the league and we'd be fighting for points just to get ourselves a positive points total. Negative momentum can build quite easily.

I would have no worries about relegation if we changed the manager. With Hodgson, I fear the worst.

Ignoring the deduction we won't be getting more than 60 points this season under Roy.

Take 9 off that and it means i'd estimate at max we'd get 51 points. A few more Blackpool style results and we're in a relegation fight.

People need to realise this is a real possibility.

Ignoring the deduction we won't be getting more than 60 points this season under Roy.

Take 9 off that and it means i'd estimate at max we'd get 51 points. A few more Blackpool style results and we're in a relegation fight.

People need to realise this is a real possibility.

I was talking this out earlier with a mate.

We definitely won't win away at a lot of teams which is a given with Woy and we've the Mancs, Chelsea, City and a few others to come at home.

Unless he's booted out we're in bad bad shape.

Edited by Benzo-13

Worrying times, while there is obvious relief at the potential change in ownership it has to be balanced that their approach is still an unknown, it surely cannot be WORSE than the present owners approach.

The damage a nine point deduction would do, coupled with our current form means that we could struggle to have 10 points at the half way stage of the season.

We need wins and fast but given that we've managed less than a point a game so far it doesnt look smart with Roy in charge.

edit just reading Sanj77s signature... indeed and its 5 months since that quote.

Edited by DPD1973

I'm not sure these questions are suited to a poll.

I haven't voted, but my answers are:

How do you feel about Liverpool being taken over by another US based group?

Unsure - cautiously optimistic I suppose. Above all happy that G & H are on their way out, provided it all goes through of course.

Do you think Liverpool can win honours this season?

On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being no chance, I'd say about 3.

Do you think Liverpool could be relegated?

Too many variables with this one. Manager? Points deduction? What if Hicks manages to cling on?

As things stand relegation is a possibility, but if this takeover happens it has to be highly unlikely.