By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer thread

Nathan Explosion

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant see the point in keeping a player that doesn't want to be here though.

I would rather keep Alonso even if he is unhappy than have £30m in the bank or settling for an inferior replacement

I have faith in Alonso that he will still play with professional attitude, It might have been different if it was someone like adabayour or Anelka

Seemed to work out ok for United with Ronaldo last season.

It's a world cup year: Xabi will just have to put his head down and get on with it unless a deal can be agreed.

I would rather keep Alonso even if he is unhappy than have £30m in the bank or settling for an inferior replacement

I have faith in Alonso that he will still play with professional attitude, It might have been different if it was someone like adabayour or Anelka

Maybe he will, but I dont think we'll find out.

Seemed to work out ok for United with Ronaldo last season.

It's a world cup year: Xabi will just have to put his head down and get on with it unless a deal can be agreed.

Ronaldo was nowhere the player last season that he was the season before.

There is that with the World Cup.

there's every point if they're professional.

But what if they aren't ?

there's every point if they're professional.

Theres also the chance Madrid will look elsewhere meaning hes not needed next season.

The player has to understand hes very important for the team and unless we get the valuation we're looking for we're not obliged to sell. We're trying to run a football club here this isn't a charity for the benefit of Madrid, if they want him that badly they'll pay what we're asking if they don't pay what we want he doesn't go simple as that.

Ronaldo was nowhere the player last season that he was the season before.

Ronaldo had a ridiculous season the season before - that was never going to be repeated. He still ended as the league's top scorer, the still won the Prem, the league cup and got to the CL final.

If Rafa tells Alonso 'no chance for less than £35m' which Madrid are clearly currently unwilling/unable to pay after unsettling him, then Xabi will get his head down and play. He's a pro and he wants to be alongside Iniesta in 2010. Simple as.

Next summer, Real will probably look elsewhere for someone younger and easier to get hold of if ythey fail this time around.

But what if they aren't ?

xabi has never been anything but and has shown no indication of being anything else.

Theres also the chance Madrid will look elsewhere meaning hes not needed next season.

The player has to understand hes very important for the team and unless we get the valuation we're looking for we're not obliged to sell. We're trying to run a football club here this isn't a charity for the benefit of Madrid, if they want him that badly they'll pay what we're asking if they don't pay what we want he doesn't go simple as that.

think there's still a very real chance that they won't pay what we want so they'll look elsewhere and he'll stay, yeah.

Ronaldo had a ridiculous season the season before - that was never going to be repeated. He still ended as the league's top scorer, the still won the Prem, the league cup and got to the CL final.

If Rafa tells Alonso 'no chance for less than £35m' which Madrid are clearly currently unwilling/unable to pay after unsettling him, then Xabi will get his head down and play. He's a pro and he wants to be alongside Iniesta in 2010. Simple as.

Next summer, Real will probably look elsewhere for someone younger and easier to get hold of if ythey fail this time around.

So what's his season going to be like at Madrid then ? It's easy to be wise after the event. I just think that it makes for an unhappy and divided dressing room if there are player(s) in it that dont want to be there.

Could that be a reason why Carra had a go at Arbeloa at West Brom ?

Quite agree with you, if he doesn't want to be at Liverpool, then get rid for the best possible price....and yes, out of their current squad the prime candidate for a makeweight in the deal would be Snjeider....

I guess that it is pretty much accepted that there is a problem with Alonso and Mascherano....Rafa would have not been so indirect if there were no problems with the two.....and personally I think Rafa has got it bang on with both of them....they are under contract, so if he doesn't want to sell them, he doesn't have to.....

More importantly though, and Rafa alluded to this in his recent interview, it is what they think of LFC.....I believe what he was trying to say, and we all know that his words can be misconstrued because of his english ability, was that it shouldn't be for the money, or the relationship with the manager, it should be about wanting to play for LFC, the passion for putting in maximum effort for the red shirt....if they don't have this passion, then they should move on.....we can all agree with this surely?

Personally, I think maybe Mascherano's stance is more to do with negotiating a new contract, if the reports of his 30k a week current deal is to be believed....maybe Rafa will relent on this after a quick talk with him, or indeed tell him that a deal will be forthcoming when the current one is due to be renewed normally.....With Alonso, if he has a problem with Rafa, then he should get over it, and play for LFC, not Rafa...simple as....he knows what the fans think of him, and knowing this, if he wants to go to Real, then bye bye Xabi......

Be under no illusion, this is the ethos of Rafa's team now, you play for the club, for the supporters, for your own pride in doing so, not for the manager, or the money....and primarily, for me, that is what makes Rafa so great....he understands our club, he understands the principles laid down by Shankley, and in understanding this he is again laying down the foundations of what Shankley built this club on....and hopefully it will again bring the success we crave....

However, as always, we will find out in the next few days, as both players are due to return to training and will then be available for face to face meetings with the manager and the press......then we will know what is what......

Remember, actual quotes, not speculation, will give you the answers you seek.....

YNWA

Quite agree with you, if he doesn't want to be at Liverpool, then get rid for the best possible price....and yes, out of their current squad the prime candidate for a makeweight in the deal would be Snjeider....

I guess that it is pretty much accepted that there is a problem with Alonso and Mascherano....Rafa would have not been so indirect if there were no problems with the two.....and personally I think Rafa has got it bang on with both of them....they are under contract, so if he doesn't want to sell them, he doesn't have to.....

More importantly though, and Rafa alluded to this in his recent interview, it is what they think of LFC.....I believe what he was trying to say, and we all know that his words can be misconstrued because of his english ability, was that it shouldn't be for the money, or the relationship with the manager, it should be about wanting to play for LFC, the passion for putting in maximum effort for the red shirt....if they don't have this passion, then they should move on.....we can all agree with this surely?

Personally, I think maybe Mascherano's stance is more to do with negotiating a new contract, if the reports of his 30k a week current deal is to be believed....maybe Rafa will relent on this after a quick talk with him, or indeed tell him that a deal will be forthcoming when the current one is due to be renewed normally.....With Alonso, if he has a problem with Rafa, then he should get over it, and play for LFC, not Rafa...simple as....he knows what the fans think of him, and knowing this, if he wants to go to Real, then bye bye Xabi......

Be under no illusion, this is the ethos of Rafa's team now, you play for the club, for the supporters, for your own pride in doing so, not for the manager, or the money....and primarily, for me, that is what makes Rafa so great....he understands our club, he understands the principles laid down by Shankley, and in understanding this he is again laying down the foundations of what Shankley built this club on....and hopefully it will again bring the success we crave....

However, as always, we will find out in the next few days, as both players are due to return to training and will then be available for face to face meetings with the manager and the press......then we will know what is what......

Remember, actual quotes, not speculation, will give you the answers you seek.....

YNWA

Well put.

So what's his season going to be like at Madrid then ? It's easy to be wise after the event. I just think that it makes for an unhappy and divided dressing room if there are player(s) in it that dont want to be there.

you're missing something though, alonso hasn't said that he doesn't want to be at liverpool, he's not said that he's unhappy at liverpool and there's no likelihood of any articles running headlined 'alonso: my anfield hell'. i don't think he's fallen out of love with liverpool, he just wants to go to madrid at this stage of his career. he's enough of a pro that if he's told to knuckle down for another season he'll do it.

Could that be a reason why Carra had a go at Arbeloa at West Brom ?

no.

you're missing something though, alonso hasn't said that he doesn't want to be at liverpool, he's not said that he's unhappy at liverpool and there's no likelihood of any articles running headlined 'alonso: my anfield hell'. i don't think he's fallen out of love with liverpool, he just wants to go to madrid at this stage of his career. he's enough of a pro that if he's told to knuckle down for another season he'll do it.

no.

He's told Rafa that he wants to go to Madrid, so that's as good as saying he doesn't want to be at Liverpool for me. Maybe he hasn't fell out of love with us, but the bottom line is he doesn't want to be here anymore.

Just read a poster on RAWK. "It's a done deal, change the avatar, burn the shirt".

Sums up how I feel.

And how can you be so dismissive over a possibilty that it could of been a reason ? I'm not saying it was a reason, just opening up the possibility that it was.

He's told Rafa that he wants to go to Madrid, so that's as good as saying he doesn't want to be at Liverpool for me. Maybe he hasn't fell out of love with us, but the bottom line is he doesn't want to be here anymore.

Just read a poster on RAWK. "It's a done deal, change the avatar, burn the shirt".

Sums up how I feel.

Even if he does goes to Real, would anyone really be bitter enough to want to burn Alonso's shirt?

I can fully understand his reason for wanting to go back to spain, and having the chance to play with Ronaldo and Kaka, I wish that he stays, but I will just wish him the best of luck and hope that his replacement turns out to be a better player for us