By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Transfer thread

Nathan Explosion

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No change from the norm.

On a total tangent, I have Dave on TV (UK Gold comedy thing, not ricketts) and they had old Have I Got News for you on.

And they were taking the piss out of your mum. You should kill Hilsop, Merton and Russell Brand after the yanks are dealt with.

Charming David.

"I'm watching telly right now and they are all, quite literally and in all honesty, laughing at your ma."

:lol:

Keane played 28 games in five and a half months. He wasn't replaced in January and we've since replaced him in the squad with Voronin. Keane was s***, but at least he cared about the club.

Nearly everyone on this forum cares about the club and we'd all be gash.

Don't understand how we have weakened? Ngog is a year older and more settled, Johnson is an upgrade, the greek is a good 4th choice, Insua has come in to add extra competition, ALonso has been replaced and Torres and Gerrard surely will not miss as much as last season.

This is before you count the success of Benayoun, Kuyt and kids who should be making a breakthrough this season.

Don't understand how we have weakened? Ngog is a year older and more settled, Johnson is an upgrade, the greek is a good 4th choice, Insua has come in to add extra competition, ALonso has been replaced and Torres and Gerrard surely will not miss as much as last season.

This is before you count the success of Benayoun, Kuyt and kids who should be making a breakthrough this season.

all true but we haven't spent more money than we re-couped in sales, this is a major gripe for a lot of people apparently.

The fact that we have spent money pretty wisely and pretty much all of our direct competitors haven't spent much at all either doesn't seem to be relevant.

In an ideal world, I'd have liked us to buy another backup striker but other than that, I'd agree that we're not much weaker than last season.

Keane, Alonso, Arbeloa, Hyypia, Pennant.

We've replaced them with Voronin, Aquilani, Johnson, Kyrgiakos and El Zhar.

:lol: Did Pennant even make an appearance last season? Riera, Kuyt, Benayoun, Babel, Aurelio and Dossena certainly made more appearances than him in the wide positions. Hyypia wasn't even in the Champions League squad and Keane certainly wasn't missed when he left in January.

Alonso and Arbeloa were the only two first choice players to depart and were replaced by Aquilani and Johnson.