By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Summer Transfers

Ombudsam

They both have three years of contract, the offers would have to be at extreme premium (ie well over £30m each) and the players would have to effectively also pay us to leave. In that context I think both will still be here

Now don't let facts ruin the madness...

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes like zola

I've never got this one - if someone in another league as a style/system of play that would jar in the premiership, maybe critics would have a point - but based just on size? There have been loads of shortarses both homegrown and imports who have done a great job for their respective teams

http://www.canalathletic.com/noticias/2009...e-20090620.html

This is about Mikel San José, basically Athletic Bilbao have been trying to get him back for sometime, he wants to go back and they are willing to pay 1.5m euros to get him. Rafa has told them he is going on our pre-season tour. So they say they are patient and hope that in August something might happen.

Not fair play at all, he's a professional footballer, moving around is part of the gig. Believe me there wouldn't have been a word about this if Barca hadn't started sniffing around a few months back.

Yep. I bet his missus wasn't homesick when hubby's career looked to be in reverse at West Ham and we offered to make him a big name player again. I'm guessig that she'd have been the first to say 'we'll move anywhere in the world to get your career (and potential earnings) back on track'.

Also, Masch isn't Spanish. He's from the other side of the bleedin' world. I'm English, but if I was living in China and feeling a bit homesick, I wouldn't consider English-speaking South Africa (for example) as a 'home from home'.

I say we sell Masch, and ask for 2 out of Henry, Bojan and Eto'o.

F*ck Masch. At the end of the day it's not like his myriad skills are irreplaceable. With a bit of practise and red meat we could turn Jay Spearing into a tough little lunatic who hares round the pitch closing people down. How hard can it be ?

http://www.canalathletic.com/noticias/2009...e-20090620.html

This is about Mikel San José, basically Athletic Bilbao have been trying to get him back for sometime, he wants to go back and they are willing to pay 1.5m euros to get him. Rafa has told them he is going on our pre-season tour. So they say they are patient and hope that in August something might happen.

Hope the Daily Mail don't see that, no doubt they'll twist that to say they want Agger, the fascist black shirt supporting cvnts.

Edited by floyd

James Pearce in the Echo:

THERE will relief as well as delight at Anfield if Glen Johnson opts to make the switch to Liverpool rather than Chelsea next week.

The right-back is weighing up his options after Portsmouth accepted £17m bids from both clubs.

However, Liverpool were a bit quick off the mark earlier this week with their online shop including Johnson’s name in the list of players for shirt printing.

‘Johnson TBC’ was one of the options greeting fans looking to buy a new replica top but a few hours later it was removed.

Chelsea suffered embarrassment last summer when fans started parading shirts with Robinho on the back before the Brazilian opted to sign for Manchester City instead.

What’s that old saying about not counting your chickens?

I'm feeling p*ssed off with Mascherano over this, having to put up with his incessant whoring to Barca and Madrid by his agent.

Mascherano has had nothing but support from us and the club since Rafa took a chance on him and he came here, but his current slience speaks volumes. The wife thing doesn't cut it for me, should have considered that before moving to England.

Alonso I have a bit more sympathy for because of last summer, but that doesn't mean I'd give him what he wants (if as it seems a move to Real Madrid is what he wants) unless it is the best thing for the club. That goes for them both.

The amount of money these footballers and their wives have, I find it hard to see how they could be unhappy anywhere. I'd make both Alonso and Mascherano stay unless we are offered something ridiculous like £40-45m for each of them.

If what happened last summer p*ssed Alonso off so much, it resulted in him having his best ever season for the club. If he and Mascherano want to leave at this point, they'll get over it when the season starts.

I'm confident Rafa will take the hard line on all of this; we hold all the cards with both players under contract for three more years so I'm not worrying about it. We either get an inflated fee for each player or they have to stay.

What I do feel as a fan is disappointed in both players' refusal to clear anything up or make any real comment at all. Whatever is going on in their personal lives or however they feel about Rafa, the Liverpool fans have been immensely supportive to both players and we don't deserve to be kept in the dark like this.

Edited by Leo No.8

All these crazy prices for players have made me think about the true value ofour team, its bloody massive.

.................Pepe (25m)............

Johnson (20m) Carra (15m) Skrtle (20m) Aurelio (10m)

Dirk (15m) Mash (45m?) Xabi (45m?) TBC (25m)

.............................Gerrard (50m).............................

..............................Torres (65m)..............................

Grand total........ 335 million.

Edited by mathewbet1

I'm feeling p*ssed off with Mascherano over this, having to put up with his incessant whoring to Barca and Madrid by his agent.

Mascherano has had nothing but support from us and the club since Rafa took a chance on him and he came here, but his current slience speaks volumes. The wife thing doesn't cut it for me, should have considered that before moving to England.

Alonso I have a bit more sympathy for because of last summer, but that doesn't mean I'd give him what he wants (if as it seems a move to Real Madrid is what he wants) unless it is the best thing for the club. That goes for them both.

The amount of money these footballers and their wives have, I find it hard to see how they could be unhappy anywhere. I'd make both Alonso and Mascherano stay unless we are offered something ridiculous like £40-45m for each of them.

If what happened last summer p*ssed Alonso off so much, it resulted in him having his best ever season for the club. If he and Mascherano want to leave at this point, they'll get over it when the season starts.

I'm confident Rafa will take the hard line on all of this; we hold all the cards with both players under contract for three more years so I'm not worrying about it. We either get an inflated fee for each player or they have to stay.

What I do feel as a fan is disappointed in both players' refusal to clear anything up or make any real comment at all. Whatever is going on in their personal lives or however they feel about Rafa, the Liverpool fans have been immensely supportive to both players and we don't deserve to be kept in the dark like this.

Maybe Alonso and Masch have been told to keep their mouths shut. The club issued a rare statement saying they were not for sale at any price, and that there would be no further comment.

We can't control what his alleged agent tells people, but we can ask our own players to keep schtum

All these crazy prices for players have made me think about the true value ofour team, its bloody massive.

Neither Skyrtl, Masherano or Alonso are worth anything like that amount of money.

:wacko:

Maybe Alonso and Masch have been told to keep their mouths shut. The club issued a rare statement saying they were not for sale at any price, and that there would be no further comment.

We can't control what his alleged agent tells people, but we can ask our own players to keep schtum

it doesn't seem to matter what's said anyway. The media ignore what they don't want to hear & play up what they do

you need to do a bit more thinking

it doesn't seem to matter what's said anyway. The media ignore what they don't want to hear & play up what they do

Yup.

And shouldn't mathewbet1's TBC be at right-back? That's Johnson's number, according to the Offish

Neither Skyrtl, Masherano or Alonso are worth anything like that amount of money.

Its not about worth, its current market value. imo Barca would pay up to 40m ish for Masch as would Real for xabi. One of the best young centre backs in europe gotta be worth more than 15m. Utd paid 30m for Ferdinand.

Edited by mathewbet1

Its not about worth, its current market value. imo Barca would pay up to 40m ish for Masch as would Real for xabi. One of the best young centre backs in europe gotta be worth more than 15m. Utd paid 30m for Ferdinand.

ffs. tell me when the season starts someone.

We wouldn't get near £15M for Skrtel.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned about Masch and Xabi, we either get astronomical fees or they're staying put. If either of the Spanish clubs want them that desperately, they can pay through the roof and take them. Otherwise they can stay put.

To be honest, I'll be furious if Masch goes. We didn't have to spend three months untangling his contract stipulations while he was in West Ham's reserves before making him a key player within about five minutes of his arrival.

Edited by MFletcher