By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

how does rooney get away with it?

can't think of any other player who gets away with more blatant aggression on the pitch than he does. he was at it again last night, any other player would have been sent off for two yellows at least here wouldn't they?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6mqhVlN2YAA

That link has been removed but i assume this is one of the challenges

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fC6FzN7ddgg

UEFA are looking into it but, as we've seen elsewhere in more distressing circumstances, the authorities love nothing better than to show they're corrupt. Terrible tackle, not even looking at the ball and could have done some serious damage.

Needs banning from the rest of the comp.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meanwhile........

Cristiano Ronaldo will not face any disciplinary action following his petulant kick at Michael Dawson on Saturday.

The Manchester United winger flicked out at the Tottenham defender during a dour goalless draw at White Hart Lane.

Referee Mike Dean, who took no action at the time, has looked at the incident again and deemed it to be undeserving of punishment.

There is a theme here that really builds quite a solid case of the favouritism one club gets over others in what they are allowed to get away with.

meanwhile........

There is a theme here that really builds quite a solid case of the favouritism one club gets over others in what they are allowed to get away with.

you're probably right there. was anything further said about ferguson phoning the bench when he was supposed to be on a touchline ban?

THese latest two incidents really are quite sickening.

The laws of the game are quite clear in that a stamp (Rooney) or a petulant kick (Ronaldo) are sending off offences.

Fair enough if the referee missed the incidents at the time and didn't take action...understandable, to a degree.

However, how can the gurus in UEFA & the Premier League now sit down with video evidence and all the time in the world and decide that neither are red card offences ??????

I honestly can't think of any other club that gets away with so much.

farcial!!! Ronaldo's I can just about accept to me thats not a red card offence but he should have received some sort of warning about his behaviour

Rooneys is an absolutely disgraceful decision, UEFA have made a rod for their own backs now, both incidents deserved straight red cards and how they have not seen it this way is beyond me