By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Reds Confirm New Stadium Delay

Spirit Of Shankly

Great news! Hope we're at Anfield til 2050.

I still don't get why a real fan would care about the ground?

If you don't go/haven't a season ticket - have only just started supporting - then it might make a difference to you attending games - but those that have been going donkeys years aren't affected.

I can understand why real fans would be bothered by statements/actions of the chairmen, decisions by the manager and performances by the player - but being bothered by how 'big' our new 'stadium' is? Being bothered by 'how big' a club we are and money, money, money, being able to 'compete' (Read: Splash money like a drunken sailor in port without giving a monkeys about the financial consequences) with the 'big clubs' to my mind is all b******s.

You get a manager (Like Benitez) who can scout properly, build for the future, not spend more than the club can afford and promote and improve players over a matter of time.

No doubt some feel the way that Real Madrid, Manchester United and Chelsea chuck money around is 'great' - but I'm certainly not and never will be one of them. It's irresponsible and it's stupid.

This way - we get to compete at a reasonable level and more importantly we get to keep our ground with all that history and tradition and memories.

If you don't go/haven't a season ticket - have only just started supporting - then it might make a difference to you attending games - but those that have been going donkeys years aren't affected.

Andy, I still half suspect you're on a windup with this but politely, f*** off with this s****.

No doubt some feel the way that Real Madrid, Manchester United and Chelsea chuck money around is 'great' - but I'm certainly not and never will be one of them. It's irresponsible and it's stupid.

We do that, same as them. We just aren't as good at it. The decision is to go with that and compete with them or fall back. Another club could spend more than us over the next few years and push us out of the champions league places. There are plenty of clubs looking at that champions league place as their holy grail.

Unless we have our cake and eat it. The sheikh, should he want to, could upgrade Anfield and ensure we compete for the top players.

Edited by Ernest Blenkinsop

I can understand why real fans would be bothered by statements/actions of the chairmen, decisions by the manager and performances by the player - but being bothered by how 'big' our new 'stadium' is? Being bothered by 'how big' a club we are and money, money, money, being able to 'compete' (Read: Splash money like a drunken sailor in port without giving a monkeys about the financial consequences) with the 'big clubs' to my mind is all b******s.

You get a manager (Like Benitez) who can scout properly, build for the future, not spend more than the club can afford and promote and improve players over a matter of time.

This way - we get to compete at a reasonable level and more importantly we get to keep our ground with all that history and tradition and memories.

Andy, if you are happy to stay at Anfield, will you therefore be equally happy when we cantgenerate enough money to compete in the transfer market, and spend our future pissing around in mid table? the building of a new stadium is probably the most important thing this club will do in the next 50 years. its not being done because people want to leave Anfield, its being done as an economic neccesity.

Andy, if you are happy to stay at Anfield, will you therefore be equally happy when we cantgenerate enough money to compete in the transfer market, and spend our future pissing around in mid table? the building of a new stadium is probably the most important thing this club will do in the next 50 years. its not being done because people want to leave Anfield, its being done as an economic neccesity.

I think that development of young players (Which we're doing), recruitment of young talent and then developing that talent (Which we're doing) and purchase of players that can be improved is the way forward.

Given time - I hope we can compete in that way - and we're building quite a decent set of youngsters for the future - even if just a few come through - this represents tens of millions saved in transfer fees.

The fact that we are sixth now in terms of the size of our stadium when only a few yers ago we had the second biggest in the country just shows how far we're being left behind. Furthermore all the teams below us have plans to expand or move too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Premier_League_stadiums

We all know why it's important. The fact that Utd can sell almost twice as many tickets means they have more money to invest on the pitch. The fact that they can sell more corporate boxes and sponsorship. The fact that the prestige of playing in a bigger stadium every week will attract foreign players. Lets also not forget that we have the cheapest tickets in the "big four" and around half way in the Premiership as a whole. Pennies compared to Arsenal and Chelsea.

I think that development of young players (Which we're doing), recruitment of young talent and then developing that talent (Which we're doing) and purchase of players that can be improved is the way forward.

Given time - I hope we can compete in that way - and we're building quite a decent set of youngsters for the future - even if just a few come through - this represents tens of millions saved in transfer fees.

Other clubs are developing youngsters. If that was the answer then Ajax with their world famous residential academy system and emphasis on coaching would still be a European giant.

Other clubs are developing youngsters. If that was the answer then Ajax with their world famous residential academy system and emphasis on coaching would still be a European giant.

And the reason that they aren't still a giant of Europe is because when they do develop a player, another team just offers a bag full of cash and takes him away ~ which goes to show exactly that in the modern game success is built mainly with money and for us to have any sort of chance in the future we desperately need a new stadium to raise our revenues.

Rick Parry has been banging on since the mid '90s about Man U making £1m more per home game than us (in other words, one Gareth Barry EVERY summer - which does beg the question as to why a stadium wasn't built in the late '90s but that's for another day). Yes, we have heritage and tradition and all the rest but without a huge injection of cash from somewhere it's unlikely that we'll be adding anymore titles to the history books.

But nobody produces a continual supply of top quality youngsters year in year out, please don't use the Arsenal as an example of where this happens successfully as they have a, got a new 60,000 staduim and b, haven't won anything in the past 3 seasons.

To be able to compete at the very highest level then we need to have the extra revenue a new stadium will produce not to mention the economic implications for the local area of no extra jobs being generated by the lack of a new staduim, the extra revenue the extra supporters would bring into the local area and last but not least the regenration of the area this whole project would bring. I totally agree that as a club we should be bringing good youngsters in and through our youth system so we don't always have to pay big transfers but this can't be relied upon to ensure success.

Edited by Paddy 66

happy we're not moving = happy with the owners? they're doing a bang up job eh?

let's keep this on message and not divert into the old arguments about who wants a stadium and who doesn't.

surely everyone can now agree, they've lied and failed to deliver on ALL of their promises.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB.

thoughts?

I'm affraid most "football fans" sold out on these issues years ago, sadly, particulalrly those that support clubs that can or believe they could win trophies. Instant success has over taken.

Here's something i've never said on here before.....

..IF LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB NEVER WIN THE LEAGUE TITLE AGAIN, I REALLY DON'T MIND. WHY? BECAUSE WE HAVE NO GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO WIN IT, THAT'S WHY. EITHER WAY, I WILL STILL BE A LIVERPOOL FAN, AND WILL ENJOY CHEEERING THEM ON REGARDLESS. I LOVE FOOTBALL, AND I LOVE THE LIVERPOOL FC......

There, said it.

Lower league football is where your ideal still exists Andy, fortunately.

One day the bubble will burst in football. I look forward to it (assuming i'm still alive of course :wacko: )

In any case, they've done that as well as building a new stadium not instead off.

let's keep this on message and not divert into the old arguments about who wants a stadium and who doesn't.

surely everyone can now agree, they've lied and failed to deliver on ALL of their promises.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB.

thoughts?

They haven;t lied. Things change, costs spiral. Who is investing this amount of money on such a big project anywhere right now? Quite simply the timing is wrong, and their well intended plans are suffereing the consequences.

Thoughts?

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB.

thoughts?

I think apart from the first line, thats it in a nut shell. not wanting to move ground doesnt mean you think the owners are doing a good job, it just means you dont want to leave Anfield. I dont want us to leave Anfield, but realise it has to be done.

I dont think anyone on this forum wants our current owners, and thats been the case for a very long time.

spot on

I love the place but I'd like to see us win another title before I pop my clogs.

They haven;t lied. Things change, costs spiral. Who is investing this amount of money on such a big project anywhere right now? Quite simply the timing is wrong, and their well intended plans are suffereing the consequences.

Thoughts?

They've told nothing but lies Flasher. they said they wouldnt put debt on the club. the stadium is now delaye because they cant raise the money to put debt on the club. I've said it consistantly for months, but this "credit Crunch" could be our best chance of getting id of these c****. My only concern is that someone will borrow the money to buy them out, which could leave us even worse off than we currently are

Thoughts?

Bloody hell, well intentioned plans? are you on smack? they've been in dreamland since day one, did you really think/are you still deluded enough to think they would ever put a spade in the ground?

What exactly do they need to do before you see that they are unfit to be running a club like ours?

All clubs are developing young players (not just us) and spending on established players. It's not about one or the other.

We need to be able to compete with Arsenal, Chelsea and Man Utd in buying these established players.

As good as our young players look, we'll be very fortunate if 1 becomes a first team regular.

Thoughts?

And here is the only fan who thinks their plans were not only ok but well intentioned, ffs I've heard it all now.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB.

thoughts?

I agree - I think SoS are a bit aimless - I'm not quite sure what their priorities are and what they actually want.

If their message is just 'Get the new Owners out' - then fine. Run with that. Stay with that. Don't muddy the waters. Advertise that.

I'm affraid most "football fans" sold out on these issues years ago, sadly, particulalrly those that support clubs that can or believe they could win trophies. Instant success has over taken.

Here's something i've never said on here before.....

..IF LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB NEVER WIN THE LEAGUE TITLE AGAIN, I REALLY DON'T MIND. WHY? BECAUSE WE HAVE NO GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO WIN IT, THAT'S WHY. EITHER WAY, I WILL STILL BE A LIVERPOOL FAN, AND WILL ENJOY CHEEERING THEM ON REGARDLESS. I LOVE FOOTBALL, AND I LOVE THE LIVERPOOL FC......

There, said it.

Lower league football is where your ideal still exists Andy, fortunately.

One day the bubble will burst in football. I look forward to it (assuming i'm still alive of course :wacko: )

I agree. I think that football imploding is going to come sooner than we think.

Most top football clubs with a major implosion would go out of business overnight.

And that includes us.