By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Daniel Agger ready to play again

Jezzman

It'll be like a new signing :D

Can't wait to see what he and Skrtel can do together..... and Carra... and Sami :o

http://www.sporten.dk/fodbold/england-prem...r-igen-kampklar

Agger ready to play in matches again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A long injury period is over for Daniel Agger, who is again ready to play for Liverpool.

agger.jpg

Liverpools Danish defender Daniel Agger can finally look back at his long injury break.

The Danish national player has been tested by the doctors in Brondby, where Agger used to play before he went to Liverpool. The doctors have given Agger the green light to play.

- We have had Daniel here and he's been tested by our doctors and treated here in Brondby. He's ready again and he would be able to play a match right now says Brondby chairman and former club doctor, Per Bjerregaard to bold.dk.

Daniel Agger had last season destroyed with a broken bone in his foot.

Guest Prongsy

With him and Skrtel, we have height, pace and strength. Just need more experience and that will be a top pairing.

Guest Prongsy
no chance IMO

unless Carra ends up playing right back

I think Carra will start to be used much more sparingly at center back. Skrtel was so good that he is virtually undroppable now and Agger is... Agger.

I'd be shocked if Skrtel and Agger weren't the first choice pairing by the middle of next season.

I think Carra will start to be used much more sparingly at center back. Skrtel was so good that he is virtually undroppable now and Agger is... Agger.

I'd be shocked if Skrtel and Agger weren't the first choice pairing by the middle of next season.

i concur. thats the pairing i'd pick if everyone was fit

Guest Prongsy
We are yet to see them actually play together are we not?

That's a fair point and the reason I said middle of next season. They do seem to be a perfect match, though. I do believe that when they get the experience of playing together that they'll be solid.

Edited by Prongsy

That's a fair point and the reason I said middle of next season. They do seem to be a perfect match, though. I do believe that when they get the experience of playing together that they'll be solid.

Which is fair enough, in terms of physicality, pace and technical ability, there is a lot to work with, but I'm not sure Carra is ready to eased aside just yet, expecting a comeback from him

I hope Carra and Agger start as our Centre half pairing as they have played well together, I think Sktel is a good player but I'm not prepared to write off Carra as a starting centre half just yet. Moving Carra to right back is playing him out of position and IMO the wrong thing to do.

Guest Prongsy
I hope Carra and Agger start as our Centre half pairing as they have played well together, I think Sktel is a good player but I'm not prepared to write off Carra as a starting centre half just yet. Moving Carra to right back is playing him out of position and IMO the wrong thing to do.

Skrtel was keeping Carra out of the CB line for the second half of last season, I'd say that it's Skrtel + A. N. Other.

No doubt Carra of all people is going to dig in and not fade away but neither of the other two was bought as back-up. and as prongsy was saying, Carra was already being shifted to right back at the end of last season

Guest thebrad
Skrtel was keeping Carra out of the CB line for the second half of last season, I'd say that it's Skrtel + A. N. Other.

i think that was mainly down to Carra playing every game since the loss of Agger and he needed to be given a rest every now and again

He was played at right back though - and that requires even more running than at CB.

To be honest, I thought Skrtel was brilliant when he came in last season and, on merit, he should be in the side ahead of Carra at the present time.

no way.

skrtel was brilliant, but he has a long way to go before he is as good a defender as jamie. Jamie is still the best center back we have at the club without question.

His reading of the game and last ditch tackles are second to no one in the world.

no way.

skrtel was brilliant, but he has a long way to go before he is as good a defender as jamie. Jamie is still the best center back we have at the club without question.

His reading of the game and last ditch tackles are second to no one in the world.

I think they should all get used to being paired, Carra probably is the best defender at the club but probably the worst 'footballer' out of our centre halves, I'd prefer Carra to play against the bigger teams then play Agger / Skrtel against crappier teams that shouldn't cause as many problems...

I think it all depends on how Carra starts the season off, if he starts how he did the last 2 years he may struggle to get a game in his preferred position. I have to admit I like the thought of a Skrtel/Agger combo.

He may not get a place in the team this season, but he will always have a place in my heart.

I'm turning into such a girl...