By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The importance of getting results against the big 4!

Guest Kaizer

Guest Kaizer

Lets take a look at the matches between us, Chelsea, Arsenal and the mancs in the league this season..

Liverpool-Chelsea 1-1

Arsenal-Man Utd 2-2

Liverpool-Arsenal 1-1

Man Utd-Chelsea 2-0

Liverpool-Man Utd 0-1

Chelsea-Arsenal 2-1

Arsenal-Liverpool 2-2

Chelsea-Man Utd 2-1

Man Utd-Liverpool 3-0

Arsenal-Chelsea 1-0

Chelsea-Liverpool 0-0

Man Utd-Arsenal 2-1

Standings between the top 4:

1. Man Utd 6 4 1 1 11-4 13p

2. Chelsea 6 2 2 2 5-6 8p

3. Arsenal 6 1 3 2 8-9 6p

4. Liverpool 6 0 4 2 4-8 4p

Overall standings:

1. Man Utd 36 25 6 5 74-21 81p

2. Chelsea 36 24 9 3 62-25 81p

3. Arsenal 36 22 11 3 72-31 77p

4. Liverpool 36 19 13 4 64-28 70p

Standings without the top 4:

1. Chelsea 30 22 7 1 57-19 75p

2. Arsenal 30 21 8 1 64-22 71p

3. Man Utd 30 21 5 4 63-17 68p

4. Liverpool 30 19 9 2 60-20 66p

Is it possible to read anything out of this?

I think it tell us all about the importance of beating our rivals when we are up against them, the mancs have done this while the other teams have got only draws.

I think we have been the better team in most of our matches against our main rivals this season and if we will be able to turn a few of our draws into wins, we probably will be up there to the dying seconds of the season come May 2009.

With a bit more luck it could have happened this season, but with better players coming in during the summer hopefully we will be able to create our own luck next season.

Guest Toxteth O'Grady

Meh.

If we'd won just 5 of those 13 draws against weaker opposition, we'd be right up there.

Guest Rafa's Receding Hairline
I learnt my maths in England.

lofl!

Hassony it's just backfired on you mate.

Anyway surf, you're forgiven for your mathematical error then! That explains it all.

Guest Kaizer
Aye and kaizer has way too much time on his hands.

Get a life man!

:lol:

Its been a real slow day at work, usually we are 10 people in the office, but today its only me and another one, I guess this is how it is everywhere else as well.

So I had to get my head around something.

Edited by Kaizer

:lol:

Its been a real slow day at work, usually we are 10 people in the office, but today its only me and another one, I guess this is how it is everywhere else as well.

So I had to get my head around something.

statistically speaking this should have meant that you and your colleague were five times busier than usual.

It looks a fair bit different if you take into account the two points the ref robbed off us against the Chavs. Also, we were well matching the Mancs until Masch was sent off.

For me we've improved against the top sides, but the Mancs and the Chavs get deferential treatment off the refs. One rule for them and a different rule for everyone else - they get more decisions due to Taggarts ramblings. Compare the Masch sending off to the way Rooney, in fact most of the Chavs and the Mancs, regularly rag at the ref, for example.

We have a good 8 or 9 first choice players to build on, but no strength in depth.

The real story of this season for me is confirmation that Riise is s***e (been saying it for 5 years) and Carra and Sami as a CB pair now hold the team back from how Rafa wants us to play.

Guest Kaizer
statistically speaking this should have meant that you and your colleague were five times busier than usual.

I think most people have taken the day off everywhere to be honest, so that does not need to be true.

Lazy b*****ds the lot of them. :D

But back on topic, I find it interesting that the difference between us and the mancs is only two points, I think they have overachieved this season compared to the squad they have availible.

I have Chelsea down as favourites to win both the title and the CL final, I can see the mancs getting a hard time tomorrow against West Ham, and I would not be surprised to see them drop two points, if we win our two next matches, we might finish on equal points with them against the dross in the league.

Edited by Kaizer

Guest Pancho

you keep failing to face the facts ..against the likely champions ( United) you have failed to finish above them apart from once in 17 seasons..and until you realise that the players you have and the methods you employ are not as effective as Uniteds then you will always be doomed to the usual excuses

ref bias

cheating

no penalties

lack of money

etc...

at the beggining of the season you were claiming that yet again this was your year , you had added a real cutting force ..and after your 6-0 win against Derby it reached a state of giddyness.

the FACTS are you are a considerable way behind united in every area of the pitch ,and United will only grow stronger ..

Guest Pancho

You say.."compared to the squad they have availible"

yet you fail to recognise that united have actually weakend their attacking options this season ..yes they have added Tevz..but lost solksjaer, smith , rossi and saha has only started 3 games..

you keep failing to face the facts ..against the likely champions ( United) you have failed to finish above them apart from once in 17 seasons..and until you realise that the players you have and the methods you employ are not as effective as Uniteds then you will always be doomed to the usual excuses

sad but true

Guest Kaizer
any ideas when we overtake Arsenal

was it last January or next?

The main point back then was that Arsenal would fall apart, something they did, just a shame we could not do our part of the job.

Either way, we have had a better season than Arsenal so whats the point your trying to raise?

The main point back then was that Arsenal would fall apart, something they did, just a shame we could not do our part of the job.

liar

Either way, we have had a better season than Arsenal so whats the point your trying to raise?

your predictions are schit

ref bias

cheating

no penalties

lack of money

etc...

at the beggining of the season you were claiming that yet again this was your year , you had added a real cutting force ..and after your 6-0 win against Derby it reached a state of giddyness.

the FACTS are you are a considerable way behind united in every area of the pitch ,and United will only grow stronger ..

Who the f*** are you????

Guest Kaizer
You say.."compared to the squad they have availible"

yet you fail to recognise that united have actually weakend their attacking options this season ..yes they have added Tevz..but lost solksjaer, smith , rossi and saha has only started 3 games..

What are you trying to say, or what do you think I said?

I said the mancs have overachieved compared to the sqaud they have availible, meaning most of their players are average.

But they have C.Ronaldo up front and R.Ferdinand at the back, I rate Ferdinand among the three best CB in the world, these two players have had magnificent seasons both of them and they have carried the rest of the team, hence they have overachieved.

Who knows what our situation would have been if we had Agger availible all season.