By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

LIVERPOOL v CHELSEA

ynwa.tv

Grant will really be up for this. Because of all the comparisons with Mourinho, he'll be anxious to show all his doubters that he has succeeded where his predecessor has failed twice. Moreover, the CL is probably his main hope for a trophy this season, and the last chance for him to salvage his job. Similarly, his players will want to get even for twice missing out on the final.

Nonetheless, I am quietly confident we'll beat them again. The team is playing with a lot of confidence and self assurance, and in Torres and Gerrard (assuming he is fit) we have two players who are on fire. Rafa has, once again, proven himself to be accomplished in Europe, and I doubt Grant will be much of a match for him tactically.

I would feel a lot more confident if the second leg was at Anfield, but I still think we will beat them over the two legs.

Grant will really be up for this. Because of all the comparisons with Mourinho, he'll be anxious to show all his doubters that he has succeeded where his predecessor has failed twice. Moreover, the CL is probably his main hope for a trophy this season, and the last chance for him to salvage his job. Similarly, his players will want to get even for twice missing out on the final.

Nonetheless, I am quietly confident we'll beat them again. The team is playing with a lot of confidence and self assurance, and in Torres and Gerrard (assuming he is fit) we have two players who are on fire. Rafa has, once again, proven himself to be accomplished in Europe, and I doubt Grant will be much of a match for him tactically.

I would feel a lot more confident if the second leg was at Anfield, but I still think we will beat them over the two legs.

don't think grant has any impact or influence whatsoever on the way chelsea play to be honest. he's got a brilliant squad of players, spent about thirty million in the january alone and still doesn't have any discernible style of play or tactical approach. the players just appear to go out and play. that could help us.

don't think grant has any impact or influence whatsoever on the way chelsea play to be honest. he's got a brilliant squad of players, spent about thirty million in the january alone and still doesn't have any discernible style of play or tactical approach. the players just appear to go out and play. that could help us.

Agree with that - if Rafa can out-think Wenger, Mancini et al, then I'm sure he's got Grant sorted out.

I could be miles off with this one, but if we go to their place with a lead (and hopefully a clean sheet) and they dont score in the 1st half and still trail - will the players still respect the directions being given by Grant or will they become ill-disciplined.

Anyway - like always, they have alot riding on this game, just the same as us. I dont think the gravity of the situation is any different for either club.

I am more confident than the previous 2 times especially given that we have Rafa and they have Grant - thats a big advantage in my eyes.

Would that not be true of Chelsea either?

I got very wound up by Martin Samuel pre the Arsenal game at Anfield when he said that Wenger and Arsenal could cling to the fact that we have failed to beat them this season.

It was 3 1-1 draws you fat bearded tool.

I could be miles off with this one, but if we go to their place with a lead (and hopefully a clean sheet) and they dont score in the 1st half and still trail - will the players still respect the directions being given by Grant or will they become ill-disciplined.

to some extent that was the case against arsenal but when they have players like Drogba they can change the game on their own (the same can apply to any of the big teams )

I am more confident than the previous 2 times especially given that we have Rafa and they have Grant - thats a big advantage in my eyes.

I think that is the most worrying thing to be honest!

I have a concern about the old conspiracy theory - Final in Moscow, Ambramovich has bottomless resources = ?

Chelsea are very, very strong & our best chance is Rafa outwitting them tactically again. The fact he has been quoted as saying Chelsea haven't changed suggests we will go into the 1st leg with the same game plan to keep it very tight & don't concede.

That said, we have gone for the jugular in previous home 1st legs so will Rafa try to blow them away early on?

Guest DanTheDaggerman
I think that is the most worrying thing to be honest!

Yes. If Grant doesn't know what he is doing, how will Rafa?

gerrard and carra are for defo.

aye. i thought and feared those two being among them. we'd three going into the last match. i think alonso may've been the other. can't remember a booking for us at home to arsenal. wouldn't like to see skrtel or masch with a booking against their names at this stage.

Essien suspended. Lampard flying up at the last minute apparently ( hope his mum recovers fully btw ), not the ideal preparation. I can't see him being fully focused on the game or indeed match fit. Ballack is dangerous from set pieces with his head but only a shadow of the player from 2 years back. Our CM's should piss all over them. Cole will be a danger, let's just hope he has a mare. Anelka is finding it hard to find the net, has anybody noticed he has to work hard to fashion his own chances most of the time as the rest of them want to be the hero and score themselves. Drogba if he plays can't be match fit and his head is with Inter Milan and playing for the gob s***e again imo. Cech looking a bit dodgy on crosses after his latest face injury and their defence doesn't look as strong as it was.

Any news on Sami ? Hope he's fit for this one. Torres will cause them problems with his pace and i bet Terry and co try to kick lumps out of him. Could give the likes of SG and Babel space to take advantage of.

For me i would go with the tried and trusted and go for the jugular.

------------------------------------Reina-------------------------------

Carra------------------Skyrtel-----------Sami-------------Aurelio

---------------Mash-------------------------Xabi-----------------------

Kuyt--------------------------------------------------------Babel

------------------------------SG---------------------------------

-----------------------------Torres-------------------------------

aye. i thought and feared those two being among them. we'd three going into the last match. i think alonso may've been the other. can't remember a booking for us at home to arsenal. wouldn't like to see skrtel or masch with a booking against their names at this stage.

Aurelio is the other one.

If one of our yellowed players gets a yellow in the second leg, will they miss out on the final should we go through? I would imagine so. Imagine us playing in the final without Gerrard or Carra ...

Edited by Swagger

If one of our yellowed players gets a yellow in the second leg, will they miss out on the final should we go through? I would imagine so. Imagine us playing in the final without Gerrard or Carra ...

Stupid, stupid rule.