By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

HEROES!

Andy @ Allerton

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

season 2 start slowly but episodes 7-11 just explodes into some of the best writted television ever

Sorry Hassony, it doesn't. It explodes into a what the f*** catch up, mish mash, of stuff with plot holes, stories without any relevance, previous arcs dumped with little context, effect, or meaning on the final outcome.

Granted, the strike had a lot to do with it. Just as much as Kring admitting they'd buggered up in the early episodes did.

Sorry Hassony, it doesn't. It explodes into a what the f*** catch up, mish mash, of stuff with plot holes, stories without any relevance, previous arcs dumped with little context, effect, or meaning on the final outcome.

Granted, the strike had a lot to do with it. Just as much as Kring admitting they'd buggered up in the early episodes did.

My fear throughout this series has been that it would do a Lost and start shooting off in random directions. Sounds like I wasn't far wrong

Series 1:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Barely put a foot wrong all the way through, final episodes beautifully balanced, Hiro fulfills his destiny and then they go and f*** it up. Sylar should have died. I know he's a great character but he simply should have died. You've just got to take the hit if you are Kring. Take the hit and us what you've already layered in. The entire series demanded it.

Real sense of anti climax with the final episode, it just didn't work for me. Enjoyed the stuff with the bullets immensely though that was slick.

A question, if Peter Petrelli is an empath why can't he go back in time, freeze time and kill Sylar. He's been around Hiro now he should be able to use his power.

Another plot hole from Series 2 Ep 11:

Why did Peter Petrelli not just read Adam's mind/hear his thoughts from the get go? The ending did seem really forced to me, when is it due back by the way? Writer's strike aside.

Real sense of anti climax with the final episode, it just didn't work for me. Enjoyed the stuff with the bullets immensely though that was slick.

A question, if Peter Petrelli is an empath why can't he go back in time, freeze time and kill Sylar. He's been around Hiro now he should be able to use his power.

Because they wrote themselves into a huge corner by making him so powerful and have to hope the audience forgets that he can do half the stuff he can in order to make the plots work

Another plot hole from Series 2 Ep 11:

Why did Peter Petrelli not just read Adam's mind/hear his thoughts from the get go? The ending did seem really forced to me, when is it due back by the way? Writer's strike aside.

I don't think he knew that he could...he had the power but he didn't know he had it. There are no new episodes written so it just depends on how long the strike lasts.

• 1 month later...
The show can go on

The WGA/AMPTP strike has ended and Heroes and all the other shows can return now. It's been 3 months of watching nothing but football on tv. I thought at the start it might persuade me to go and get a life, but it didn't quite happen

Story here >> http://www.variety.com/article/VR111798082...mp;cs=1&p=0

just in time for the oscars!

Heroes won't be back until the autumn though, right ? I read they'd ended the second series where

Sylar gets his powers back
and they planned for a third series to pick up from there in the autumn, full of characters like Sylar.

Sounds like Kahnee's fears for the show are true. That second series was all over the place and to make up for it, they're going into overkill.

Heroes won't be back until the autumn though, right ? I read they'd ended the second series where
and they planned for a third series to pick up from there in the autumn, full of characters like Sylar.

Sounds like Kahnee's fears for the show are true. That second series was all over the place and to make up for it, they're going into overkill.

I think you might be right on Heroes. I remember reading something saying they were gonna wait till the new tv season in the autumn to pick it up

Edited by Mcbain

I really enjoyed the second season,although the writers were always giving themselves problems after making Sylar and Peter so Powerful

Agree with that. I really did find the 'final battle' of series 1 extremely anti climatic. The whole series had been built to having all of these individuals in this one place at a pivotal moment. However most of their involvement felt like it was just tacked on and not particularly thought out. Even the duel between Peter and Sylar didn't live up to the mythos the rest of the series had generated for it.

Really didn't seem 'barnstorming' enough for me.