By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

everton then chelsea

allez les rouges

what would be a good return for the next two away games. For me, it would be a drawn in both games and getting two points. Strange as it sounds, but from a league title persepective, i think it would be a better result than beating everton away and then losing to chelsea event though we would collect 3 points in that scenario :wacko:

if someone offered me two points today, i would take them.

I'd be happy with four points. I'd probably have taken two points if we'd have beat Sheff Utd, though.

Agreed.

The Sheff Utd result adds a little early pressure, just as it will to chelsea after losing at boro. The losers could find themselves a good few points off the lead.

Anyway, never mind all that...one game at a time eh?

We should always aim to win at Goodison - anything less would be a setback for us.

At Chelsea a draw would be a good result, but we'd need to at least give ourselves a chance to win if luck falls our way.

but we could quite easily lose at goodison. remember wayne clark? and our team is not as good as the team that he scored against.

You could say that about any match.

but more so everton away, manure away, chelsea away, arsenal away.

Certainly the last three. Everton away needs only be a problem if we make it into a psychological problem for ourselves - as we have done on occasion. Winning's never guaranteed but we certainly should be favourites when we play Everton and we need to set our attitude accordingly.

2 points wouldn't be a disaster, but I wouldn't take them now because I have leart my lesson in underestimating Rafa's team. 6 points is possible, 4 points is do-able and whilst that is the case we would underselling ourselves to accept less.

Is it just me or are those outside Liverpool more wanting a draw in the Derby and those In Liverpool wanting nothing less then a convincing win.

Its the f***ing derby for christs sake!!!!

Definitely not, Ant. I was just responding to the OP question which is a valid question. We all want to smash the S**** and to be honest we should win, but the derby is always a difficult game, particularly there.

Having said that we do need to beat them to really get our season moving in the right direction early. A draw would not be the end of it however.

Edited by Skillz

what would be a good return for the next two away games. For me, it would be a drawn in both games and getting two points. Strange as it sounds, but from a league title persepective, i think it would be a better result than beating everton away and then losing to chelsea event though we would collect 3 points in that scenario :wacko:

if someone offered me two points today, i would take them.

If we're serious about the league we need 4 at least. Most important is to take points from Chelsea.

Have a strange feeling that we may well get beat at Everton & win at Chelsea.

Funnily enough I have the same feeling - nervous about the derby and more confident than ever of extending our hoodoo over the chavs.

Might put money on it :hooked:

6 points from these two fixtures would be a title winning platform.

Guest Anders Honoré

Have a strange feeling that we may well get beat at Everton & win at Chelsea.

That would be a good result.

Chelsea losing points is the most important.

A draw against Everton has never been a good result, IMO. A point would be ok I guess, depending on how the game goes - but no way on earth "I'd accept a point now".

A win at Goodison and draws in Eindhoven and at The Bridge would be a set of very good results.

Everton need to play better than they have done so far while we have to play quite a bit worse than we have done so far, for the blues to get a result against us. A bad result (draw or loss) can never be ruled out (as in any derby) but i think Rafa 'gets' the Derby games now and knows what team is required to win these very important and potentially dangerous games. Should be a cracker.

Chelsea will be difficult and we need to stop them making a statement like they did last season at our place in the league. So although a draw would definitley not be taken before the game it might be taken at half time if we are finding it hard going, but then again theres always little Luis.

In the greater scheme of things two draws in two of our toughest games of the season wouldn't be a bad result, if we got 4 it'd be excellent.