Jump to content
I am no longer developing resources for Invision Community Suite ×
The future for YNWA.TV ×
By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

RedHarvest

Members
  • Posts

    3,627
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by RedHarvest

  1. This content is not viewable to guests.
  2. We'll beat them 2-1 with Nando getting both of our goals.
  3. Classic case of a lack of confidence from Nando. I thought he had a good game last night.His workrate for the team is good, he just needs a goal - it will come.
  4. There's been a worrying amount of free headers conceded over the last few games - Toure last night, De Zeauw twice on Saturday (one of them gilt edged definitely wouldve been scored if it was a striker). I was bricking it when Arsenal got that corner in the 93rd min. We look shaky and we've got away with it so far. As for corners - I think Xabi should take them.
  5. I thought Kromkamp did well when he came on but he will have a tough time dislodging Finnan from RB...I wonder if he might be doing enough to convince Rafa to start him at RM?
  6. Theres also the draining effect of the WCC Japan trip. I dont wholly subscribe to this idea but it's a little too easy to dismiss it entirely as Giles and Houghton smugly did.
  7. Any irish reds see the Premiership last night? Giles, whose opinions I normally respect, took pains to ridicule this idea of tiredness citing his era of non squad rotation and a "just get on with it" attitude. This was echoed by the irritating Houghton. I've thought we've looked a pale and drained team the last few games - particularly Gerrard (by his standards). I've put our recent lull down to our punishing and unjust CL qualifying campaign. I think the game is faster and more demanding these days and the Premiership is one of the mored physically demanding leagues in Europe. Then again..maybe I'm looking too hard for excuses for gutlessness.
  8. Id go for Yakubu. He's a handy ball player, with smart pace as opposed to the Cisse type...and he consistanly scores goals in average/s**** teams.
  9. Sami God Carra
  10. Right on the money there. We shouldnt be paying them so much attention. Yer fiver's in the post
  11. RedHarvest

    Momo Sissoko

    If he's not he should be. He's trying too hard to justify the Viera comparisons IMO...he should be taking ball retention masterclasses from Didi, playing the boring square pass etc... I'm a fan of his but he just needs experience and to play within his limitations.
  12. Re: points 3+4...I agree, and all this stems from not having a proper RW. I wonder would Rafa have played Kromkamp there at some stage today.
  13. No way was he not arsed - we've played twice as many games as most of our opposition this season. Tiredness is being mistaken for lack of effort/application.
  14. Well put. We've improved but are not yet good enough and wont be til Rafa gets two genuine wingers, two goalscoring forwards and a world class left back.
  15. My guess is Crouch with Luis behind him, Stevie on the right, Harry K on the left. Gonna have a punt on Luis to be Chelseas nemesis again with 1st goal.
  16. This content is not viewable to guests.
  17. RedHarvest

    Bascombe

    Im a huge fan of Morientes, he's great to watch,an intelligent and classy if slightly slow and delicate player. The question is does Rafa see him and Crouch as doing a similar job for the team and who out em both is first choice in his mind? - the signs seem to point to Crouchy. When Cisse goes our forward line has no pace. Who makes way as collateral for Kuyt/Defoe/Owen/AN Other? Much as I like him it's probobly Moro.
  18. Worringly a lot of betting pundits, including the Mirrors Derek McGovern are tipping us to turn them over. My head says draw. Come on redmen
  19. This content is not viewable to guests.
  20. Crouch for me too. Apologies to the big man. (...but do a little work on your heading ability would you)
  21. That seems to be the minimum requirement for a Benitez team - everyones workrate off the ball has improved no end.Thats a big part of our upturn in form. Thought Harry was good yesterday, my MOM, and his ability and effectiveness are showing more in every game he plays. Shows what a run in the team will do for a player. I wonder though if Harry would have got that run had Zenden not been out? For me he's by far the better option of the two at LM. I also wonder how that position will shape up if/when Gonzalez comes into the fold?
  22. The consensus seems to be "Riise will do". I've never really liked him as a LB but he's been solid for the most part this season. His big pluses,apart from his rocket left peg and long throw, are his workrate for the team and his energy. Ideally we want another Finnan on the left - consistant, good distribution,comfortable on the ball,best crosser in the team. I'd be surprised if Rafa wasnt looking to strengthen LB, even if thats not officially on the shopping list.
×
×
  • Create New...