By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Tuesday's WC matches

RP

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to Phil(ip) Neville, the pundit has really upped his game as was the best of the 3 on show tonight for the Russia-South Korea game.

Worse than Westerveld against Dean Holdsworth, that.

Packie Bonner 1994 v Mexico - the remake.

How many of that Brazil side would get in Liverpool's side? Not many.. Seriously.

From the players who played yesterday, I'd say Marcelo, Alves, Thiago Silva, Luiz, Oscar, Neymar, Willian and possibly Ramires would get in our side week in, week out if we signed them.

I wouldn't say no to Fernandinho or Luiz Gustavo either.

don't think brazil's issues so much the players. they lack a top centre forward, but then so do germany. spain won the last tournament without much of one. don't think they should be written off anyway. the football's pretty awful by their standards, but that's scolari. think a different minded manager could make a lot more of that squad and/or the good players that have been left out like coutinho. stylistically at least.

From the players who played yesterday, I'd say Marcelo, Alves, Thiago Silva, Luiz, Oscar, Neymar, Willian and possibly Ramires would get in our side week in, week out if we signed them.

I wouldn't choose Luiz ahead of Skrtle/ Agger or Sakho

don't think brazil's issues so much the players. they lack a top centre forward, but then so do germany. spain won the last tournament without much of one. don't think they should be written off anyway. the football's pretty awful by their standards, but that's scolari. think a different minded manager could make a lot more of that squad and/or the good players that have been left out like coutinho. stylistically at least.

Brazil at home will be very difficult to beat, they're still the favourite

Germany have the top goal scorer from the last world cup (leading the chart this time as well) and as a back up they have Klose, who is one goal away from being the all time top goal scorer in the world cup, they're much better than Brazil in that department

muller's not really a centre forward though, even for germany. you might as well throw podolski in there, given his record. and klose, fine, but he must be pushing 40 by now. they're just a really effective side. neymar's going to break the all-time brazil scoring record from essentially a wide position. hulk could/should have goals. and there's more options for creativity behind that than scolari allows. but as you say still a decent chance they win it.

muller's not really a centre forward though, even for germany. you might as well throw podolski in there, given his record. and klose, fine, but he must be pushing 40 by now. they're just a really effective side. neymar's going to break the all-time brazil scoring record from essentially a wide position. hulk could/should have goals. and there's more options for creativity behind that than scolari allows. but as you say still a decent chance they win it.

be interesting to see if brazil (f*** you gilps) keep it tight at the back. they look shaky but have still only conceded one own goal in two games.

Neymar wouldn't.

Both Sturridge and Suarez are better than he is,in my opinion.Agree with the rest.