Sign in to follow this  
Kahnee

Pundit watch 2012

not sure berbatov offers quite enough movement to be ideal for a lone striker role. still, surprising more clubs weren't in for him, top scorer in the league only a couple of seasons ago. although good to see the mancs getting shafted on a deal for one of their cast-offs for once. think he goes to show how much high wages come into effecting price/ability to sell.

Berbatov is fine in a 4-4-2, where his lack of tracking back can be tolerated and utilised on the counter, but in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3, where every player has to defend and attack, and move quickly into space, he's not suited as a lone striker. He'll always need a strike partner.

But still, 'Arry's the expert and I only watch loads of football and listen to what managers say about tactics. What do I know

But still, 'Arry's the expert and I only watch loads of football and listen to what managers say about tactics. What do I know

so

Redknapp's claim that Berbatov would have been "perfect" for Rodgers' style of play shows just what he knows about tactics etc

His CV demonstrates that he knows nothing about tactics

His CV demonstrates that he knows nothing about tactics

You see, you being you, I can never tell when you're being serious/flippant/argumentative :unsure:

Alan Smith with something along the lines of "there cant be many complaints there" as a replay shows absolutely no contact between Valencia and Glen Johnson.

Edited by CarraLegend

Alan Smith with something along the lines of "there cant be many complaints there" as a replay shows absolutely no contact between Valencia and Glen Johnson.

This from the man who gave Gerrard the man of the match award because he'd had a tough week "with all the Hillsborough stuff"

You see, you being you, I can never tell when you're being serious/flippant/argumentative :unsure:

To achieve what Redknapp has he obviously knows something about tactics.

To achieve what Redknapp has he obviously knows something about tactics.

Yet players happily tell of how he barely mentions tactics, just gives rousing teamtalks.

And if he knows so much about tactics, how come it took him so long to work out where to play Bale and Modric? Equally, if he knows his onions, how come he can't see that Berbatov isn't the sort of player suited to a Rodgers-style team?

And, as an aside, what does tactical nous have to do with wheeling and dealing and bankrupting at least one club (while having clear links to two other financial meltdowns)

Also, what has he actually achieved?

Edited by Kahnee

Yet players happily tell of how he barely mentions tactics, just gives rousing teamtalks.

And if he knows so much about tactics, how come it took him so long to work out where to play Bale and Modric?

How many positions did Ged and Rafa use stevie and Kuyt in?

Equally, if he knows his onions, how come he can't see that Berbatov isn't the sort of player suited to a Rodgers-style team?

because someone can be wrong ocassionally

And, as an aside, what does tactical nous have to do with wheeling and dealing and bankrupting at least one club (while having clear links to two other financial meltdowns)

What's that got to do with what we're talking about

Also, what has he actually achieved?

FA cup. promotions, champions' league qualifications

Yep. Sets the narrative, though. The doughnuts watching believe their ears rather than their eyes, unfort.

Edited by Hieronymus Bosch

What's that got to do with what we're talking about

To be honest I'm not sure, but I think it was something to do with you banging on with what he'd achieved - which is still a lot less than the impression he and his media buddies like give

Lawro told us yesterday Shelvey was a red, Evans wasnt as "Evans went for the ball"

I'm still fuming.

"Some might say whats he doing with a baseball bat with nails sticking out of it but if you have a look you can clearly see him going for the ball"

garth crooks said the other day that james morrison could find himself in the england squad soon because of his good form for west brom

despite morrison having played over 20 times for scotland.

how do clowns like crooks get jobs on tele and are seen as football experts?

its not just him but you could pick out any of them across bbc sky or itv and they dont have a f***ing clue

The couple also recounted an incident in which Ian punched magician Paul Daniels as they drank in a bar after a show in Jersey.

He said: "I was a bit punchy when I was in my 30s.

"I think he must have said something to contradict what I was saying.

"I just went bang and he went off the chair and the whole bar applauded and said it was time somebody did that."

I think we would've had more points if we had Berbatov up front with Suarez

Edited by Hassony

I thought I'd watch MOTD. Shearer and Redknapp are shocking pundits. Redknapp on racism was painful.

saturday's motd was the first time i have literally forwarded through all the non-footage bits. there's absolutely nothing i want to hear lineker, shearer or redknapp say. i'm not sure what to do about this. do we start a campaign or something?

saturday's motd was the first time i have literally forwarded through all the non-footage bits. there's absolutely nothing i want to hear lineker, shearer or redknapp say. i'm not sure what to do about this. do we start a campaign or something?

it's what Tivo was made for

In the current climate, just start a rumour that they all knew about Saville but did nothing. They'll be out the door before they've had a chance to deny anything

I thought I'd watch MOTD. Shearer and Redknapp are shocking pundits. Redknapp on racism was painful.

Shearer has never been much cop, but Redknapp is absolutely piss awful. Genuinely, painfully, cringeworthy.