Sign in to follow this  
Kahnee

Pundit watch 2012

Had the pleasure of watching Peter Reid & Andy Townsend do the analysis last night. The former doesn't offer much insight and he looked like he hadn't bothered to shave his ears but he always comes across as a decent guy. The latter is a whole other barrel of s****. His inability to form a coherent, grammatically correct sentence on a regular basis and his tendency to punctuate his banal observations with mumbled grunts and head-shakes is really annoying. At least Richard Lenton wasn't presenting.

true sports? i thought peter reid actually looked ill. seems to have lost loads of weight and really aged.

townsend's just vile.

true sports? i thought peter reid actually looked ill. seems to have lost loads of weight and really aged.

townsend's just vile.

It was on Mio Stadium but I pretty sure they buy in syndicated in feed from elsewhere. Denton seems to a local product but I've a feeling it might well be a Toger Beer funded programme. They definitely sponsor it and seem to be the only advertiser.

Reid did look awful. You never get the sense of any maliciousness with him but Townsend is different. Whoevers doing the football in Asia seems to be picking up the crap from ITV, Sky etc. It can't be long before Lawrenson makes an appearance.

townsend's just vile.

It was on Mio Stadium but I pretty sure they buy in syndicated in feed from elsewhere. Denton seems to a local product but I've a feeling it might well be a Toger Beer funded programme. They definitely sponsor it and seem to be the only advertiser.

Reid did look awful. You never get the sense of any maliciousness with him but Townsend is different. Whoevers doing the football in Asia seems to be picking up the crap from ITV, Sky etc. It can't be long before Lawrenson makes an appearance.

I think this is the feed produced by the Premier League as we get the same covereage here in Canada, that presenter is a f***ing tool aswell.

Thought Reid looked really bad, Townsend is just a c***.

I think this is the feed produced by the Premier League as we get the same covereage here in Canada, that presenter is a f***ing tool aswell.

Thought Reid looked really bad, Townsend is just a c***.

That makes perfect sense. Dykes is not great. I really do not like his habit of talking sideways to camera because it reminds me too much of Louis Balfour, the Jazz Club presenter from the Fast Show and while normally this would be a good thing, its very annoying when you are trying to watch football. Having said that, he's not Adrian Chiles or Richard Keys and I don't have a desire to see him die a painful death.

my brother was telling me that Lawro was basically taking the piss out of coates on sunday during the game, any idea why (apart from the fact that Lawro is a c***)?

I turned ESPN on this morning and there was something called Football Pass on or something. One of the pundits was Shaka Hislop, who was talking about how error prone Pepe Reina is now that he's old. He started comparing him to Brad Friedel and how he's making more mistakes now he's got up in age.

:wacko:

Can I just take a moment to praise MoTD2 for the time they dedicated to the controversial Cisse penalty at Norwich at the weekend? Excellent work by all concerned...

The pronounciations of 'edeeeeen 'azzzzzarrrrrds' name thus far have been great.

Can't wait for Pleat to have a go.

"Ethan Haggard", then "Evan Houseguard", before giving up and going with "The diminutive Belgian".

Saw Schmeichel on Soccer Extra (?!) on Monday. Him, Kamara and that Shepard berk all laid into zonal marking saying there wasn't one good reason for it. Well.

Them and Andy t***bag :rolleyes:

Starting the season off with Lawro on Football Focus. So far he's said our yellow 80s kit was the worst he ever saw, and that "we're" not sure about Borini, but depends on how he links up with Suarez.

i liked our yellow 80s kit!

(i realise i jumped on this thread late)

my brother was telling me that Lawro was basically taking the piss out of coates on sunday during the game, any idea why (apart from the fact that Lawro is a c***)?

Think this has something to do with the Olympics game between Uruguay and England. Blamed Coates for trying to injure players

Saw Schmeichel on Soccer Extra (?!) on Monday. Him, Kamara and that Shepard berk all laid into zonal marking saying there wasn't one good reason for it. Well.

schmeichel's not all there though. he shouldn't be allowed to speak to people, his mechanism's gone.

Think this has something to do with the Olympics game between Uruguay and England. Blamed Coates for trying to injure players

He's a Uruguayan defender, what else was he expecting?

and it was team GB wink.gif

Edited by Hassony

Danny Baker proved yet again that he's only rubbish when he's talking about actual football in a tweet to Joey Barton.

Something along the lines of "I've always said Zonal defending will only be of any use when people start attacking zonally". They do you fool.

Watched the Hearts game on Al Jazeera last week. Now it seems I have to put up with Andy Grey and Richard Keys again for all non-PL games. I feel like vomiting.

Danny Baker proved yet again that he's only rubbish when he's talking about actual football in a tweet to Joey Barton.

Something along the lines of "I've always said Zonal defending will only be of any use when people start attacking zonally". They do you fool.

Ha ha.

Indeed.

They attack a zone called the goal you t**, Baker.

Ha, thats almost bad as 'space doesnt score goals, men score goals'

baker's used that one on the radio a few times over the years. i think it's meant to be all clever and knowing. but it unfortunately comes off as badly as that one about since when did a zone ever score a goal?

Still not as good as "in zonal marking, we don't know whom to blame. But with man marking..."

Always a favourite, that one.

Last night, Shearer kindly gifted us with "they aren't long balls, they're good balls..." - finally, an answer to that perennial query 'when is a long ball not a long ball' :rolleyes:

Smith today was awful, 100% Arsenal biased, suppose we should expect anything else really but some of his statements today were abysmal.

When Mertesacker went through Suarez after Suarez had knocked the ball past him(thanks for missing that Mr Webb as well) Smiths pearl of wisdom was " he played for the foul but didnt get it fortunately"!!!!

Whank.

According to the BBC, it doesn't take much for Suarez to go down. While this is great news for Mrs Suarez, what kind of unbiased b******s is that to come out with?

Clearly the Fergie agenda is working