By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Babel and Baros

Ombudsam

Let's hope we get our money back on him. Chances are that we won't.

The lad should be in the side everytime before Benayoun. El Zhar coming on for Benayoun and Kuyt staying on yesterday convinced me that Rafa was fecking around and trying to prove points instead of winning them

He's gotten loads of chances and more often than not he's been s***. El Zhar did way more than Babel yesterday just like he did the last time he came on first. The lad has all the talent in the world but he has no football brain.

Aye. I really do worry about Babel's decision making ability, or lack of. He has all the raw attributes to be brilliant, but always seems to take an age to decide what to do, by which point he's invariably lost the ball.

Edited by hisdumbwaiter

He's gotten loads of chances and more often than not he's been s***. El Zhar did way more than Babel yesterday just like he did the last time he came on first. The lad has all the talent in the world but he has no football brain.

How many consecutive starts in his LFC Career ? Not that many. He was given a run in the side last season when Rafa stopped rotating ( and many claimed the run was down to the return of Xabi and not a more settled side )

He's better than Benayoun, he has the potential to be better than any forward we have bar Torres...but he's not been given a fair crack of the whip. Last year Kuyt was in terrible form but was consistently selected and instead of using Babel, Rafa would select Voronin or Pennant.

Riera looked knackered and wasn't playing brilliantly yet Babel wasn't used.

Benayoun played poorly

Kuyt played poorly

and yet Babel stayed on the bench - what the **** is he there for if those 3 should be being subbed and you need the win ?

Edited by Earl Hafler

He must drive the coaches mad. He's quicker than 90% of the players he comes up against, but seems completely reluctant, or unable to just knock the ball past them and leave them trailing. He does it occassionally, but not nearly enough.

At the same time, I can't help feeling that some coaches would be able to get more out of him.

The lad should be in the side everytime before Benayoun. El Zhar coming on for Benayoun and Kuyt staying on yesterday convinced me that Rafa was fecking around and trying to prove points instead of winning them

Thjat's what I think but like I said I thought the same with Baros. Mind you El Zhar was about 16 when Baros played for us so Baros definitely had the edge

Aye. I really do worry about Babel's decision making ability, or lack of. He has all the raw attributes to be brilliant, but always seems to take an age to decide what to do, by which point he's invariably lost the ball.

We just need him to run past players quickly and kick the ball into the net hard.

He's got more end product than given credit for.

He must drive the coaches mad. He's quicker than 90% of the players he comes up against, but seems completely reluctant, or unable to just knock the ball past them and leave them trailing. He does it occassionally, but not nearly enough.

At the same time, I can't help feeling that some coaches would be able to get more out of him.

I hear the sound of hammers on nails.

( and West Ham fans cheering ! )

U have to suspect he is under instructions to uphold his 'tracking back' duties ahead of anything else. certainly in agreement on the second point. Not a "rafa type player" as muted on these boards regularly.

.... were those boos I heard at the half time whistle at shamford?

Let's hope we get our money back on him. Chances are that we won't.

hope we dont sell him. imo the lad has a brilliant career ahead of him. his physical attributes are impressive. has a hell of a shot and good control. he has the potential to improve beyond our wildest dreams. we cannot let a player like him just get away. Rafa plays a major part as to whether he will fulfil his potential. hope rafa knows what he s doing. for me babel has never been given a proper chance yet. five starts on the trot and we can begin to comment afterwards on him.

comparing el zhar to babel is unfair. babel wins hands down everytime.

Edited by Toni

I think he has much, much, more potential than Baros. Baros was exciting at times but his awareness of other players was incredibly poor. Babel has missed some obvious passes so far, but he seems to know it and learn from it, and he has pace, good movement and a shot on him that is likely to decapitatate any defender who gets in his way. I hope he gets some runs out on the right in a few games and I'm sure he'll blossom.

Edited by gkmacca

If you really believe that then you're an imbecile.

Explain it. And others agree that it must have been non-football related.

You were implying that Rafa was making a substitution while knowing that there was a better option available to him and didn't take the better option on a matter of principle.

That is ridiculous.

If you think that Rafa makes decisions for any other reason than to win the game, then you are thick.

You were implying that Rafa was making a substitution while knowing that there was a better option available to him and didn't take the better option on a matter of principle.

That is ridiculous.

If you think that Rafa makes decisions for any other reason than to win the game, then you are thick.

But you think Rafa made the wrong decision in keeping Kuyt on.

And i'm obviously not thick. Trying to win a game and he brings on Lucas instead of Keane ?

But you think Rafa made the wrong decision in keeping Kuyt on.

And i'm obviously not thick. Trying to win a game and he brings on Lucas instead of Keane ?

I disagree with the decision, but I don't think he made it because he was more interested in snubbing Keane and Babel than in winning the game.

If you think that, you're either temporarily or congenitally hard of thinking.

Let's get this straight, was it a mistake or deliberate sabotage to make a point to two players?

You seem to be backing down from your original idiotic point.

I think there were ulterior motives which weren't football related which affected his judgment. To think that managers don't do it is naive.

And ' sabotage ' is the wrong word. That would have meant taking Reina off for Babel.