By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Kop Season Tickets 2008/9

Cunny

Rumours doing the rounds on other sites (I think it originates on RAOTL, I saw it on TLW) that a Kop season ticket will cost £770 next season.

Has anybody heard anyhting or had anything from the club yet?

That would be a price hike of £170.

Normally I'd dismiss it but with this Texan conman in charge and the revenue needed to meet interest payments, you just never know.

unfortunately people will pay it. and they know it.

I'm on PTS so go to most games when I can, but would seriously consider at least halving the number of games i go to, if not stopping altogether. Not only because I couldn't afford to, but also because of the principals behind it. It would destroy the club.

doubt it. hicks is desperate to get the fans on side by all the evidence to date.

I don't think Hicks gives a feck about the fans.

He needs the extra revenue.

Edited by Cunny

I'm on PTS so go to most games when I can, but would seriously consider at least halving the number of games i go to, if not stopping altogether. Not only because I couldn't afford to, but also because of the principals behind it. It would destroy the club.

all very well, but someone is waiting in the wings to take your place though

Was always going to happen. I'm shocked that people are shocked.

It would also happen if other people were our owners. Lots of people point to Robert Kraft as this fantastic this and that owner. The Patriots have the most expensive tickets in the NFL by a clear 10 dollars. I still don't think DIC are a charity.

And people will stump the cash as Wayne pointed out.

Was always going to happen. I'm shocked that people are shocked.

It would also happen if other people were our owners. Lots of people point to Robert Kraft as this fantastic this and that owner. The Patriots have the most expensive tickets in the NFL by a clear 10 dollars. I still don't think DIC are a charity.

And people will stump the cash as Wayne pointed out.

I mean 10 dollars per game for the Patriots.

No-one wants to pay more, everyone wants to see a winning team (which costs a lot to buy) and a new stadium to allow us to compete better in the long-term.

Something has to give unless we manage to find ourselves an Abamovich style owner.

No-one wants to pay more, everyone wants to see a winning team (which costs a lot to buy) and a new stadium to allow us to compete better in the long-term.

Something has to give unless we manage to find ourselves an Abamovich style owner.

That is true no matter who is in charge. It should be restated though that this is still only a rumour at this point.

yeah - thta makes a huge difference for the regular season games ....all 8 of them....

It's the cheapest ticket though, so I would imagine it gets worse from there.

Any by that logic we're only talking about 9 pounds per match for this increase so why the complaining?

Edited by CaptainXabi

I don't get to many games (none now I live in Australia) but part of the fault lies with Scudamore. It would have made sense for the premier league to have a mandate that the TV money from foreign TV deals to be used to cut gate prices by 40%, and capping increases at inflation for the term of the TV deal.

Edited by growler

It's the cheapest ticket though, so I would imagine it gets worse from there.

Any by that logic we're only talking about 9 pounds per match for this increase so why the complaining?

That's £810 for Anny Road and £820 for the rest of the ground.

the increase in ticket prices is a very very small drop in the ocean in terms of finance for clubs. Italian clubs know this and have very low prices BUT massive TV deals.

I'd like to see someone else have to pay instead of the faithful who attend games and provide the atmosphere that's so valuable..

There are huge sponsorship deals to be taken advantage of - and as a club, we don't seem to have really cashed in to our full value - compared to mancs, chelsea etc.

Again, it's always left to the little guy to dig deeper and find some extra money because at the end of the day it's like a love affair - you just can't stop :(