By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Skrtel

D.Boon

Superb last night and really think he has cemented his place as one of our starting centre halfs now

That is the least worried i have been when Drogba has been playing against us. Skrtel handled him with ease.

Great performance. Gutted to see him collapse to the ground in anguish at Riise's howler

DAMN YOU RIISE

to be fair, drogba was awful and looked completely disinterested.

Skretl did really well though.

If by disinterested you mean kicking anything that moved near him, chasing the ball down and being an outlet for the long ball all game then you are right. Skrtel played him as well as anyone I have seen in this country.

Guest Sabre

I thought that Drogba was one of the key reasons why we didn't dominate the game for 90 minutes. He was their out ball and he battled well against Carra. I love Skrtel. So quick over the ground, uncompromising.

Guest Sabre

And I'll tell you what, that reach at the attacking corner near the end was brilliant. Drogba's fat head saved a goal from Benannnnoon.

Skirtel is that Pepperami bloke. He even looks like him. Tough as f*** and telling you to come back and finish him off.

Was good last night. Didn't allow Dogbreath to dominate him and wasn't scared to do the rough stuff.

For me man of the match - awesome

I am delighted with him - fantastic signing.

I just want him to develop an understanding with his fellow partner ala Hyypia/Henchoz, Hyypia/Carra.

It seems teams think they can clip balls over the top and cause trouble, I'm just wondering is it because the understanding isnt there yet that one defender has to drop off when the other attacks the ball - Skrtel is so eager to attack danger.

Love his enthusiasm and emotion, he does what we all feel when we conceded a crucial goal, collapses on the deck.

Guest Anders Honoré

will be very interesting to see how we will play with him and agger playing together. Both reasonably fast, both comfortable on the ball.

he was immense.. that performance was as good as i've seen anyone play against Drogba.. it took Agger a game or so to get used to playing Drogba - Skrtel's got his number from the start.. after an hour or so Drogba just didn't want to know.. i might also add that Drogba is an absolute s***house of a man.. he's fkin embarrassing..

Drogba's a monumental ****. Skrtel had his number from the start, which was very pleasing to see. That said, he does have the beating of Carragher, the long ball down field to Drogba scares the sch1te out of Carragher and everyone watching. In the second leg, Skrtel needs to follow the c**t everywhere!

That said, he does have the beating of Carragher

ball over the top / down the sides and if he can get a turn on him and beat him with pace then yes, i agree - i can see totally where you're coming from.. strengthwise, in tussle for the ball i think Carra would come out just about on top..