By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

When Mascher was sent off for 'dissent'

WillG

Mascherano was made a scapegoat in light of the Ashley Cole/Mike Riley debacle - that much is obvious. No chance of any kind of consistency being shown. They made an example of Mascherano and now they'll consider the matter dealt with and closed.

Mascherano was made a scapegoat in light of the Ashley Cole/Mike Riley debacle - that much is obvious. No chance of any kind of consistency being shown. They made an example of Mascherano and now they'll consider the matter dealt with and closed.

It's not only laughable but so predictable.

It's not only laughable but so predictable.

It's utterly pathetic and in keeping with the novice-like way the FA deal with most things.

The silver lining though, is that in terms of our league progress and 4th place, Mascherano's suspension will have little or no bearing on our fortunes as we've all but got 4th place tied up. Likewise, it's kept him fresh for the CL games. So luckily, no real harm done, but that's no thanks to the FA and their incompetence.

It was an era that lasted until Wayne Rooney called Steve 'look at me!' Bennett a'Fu***ng blind useless c*nt? You stupid fu***ng bas**ard cu**t bast**d c*nt c*nt.'

At which point normal service was resumed and Slur's and Quiroz's commnets about refs and their supremo were quietly brushed to one side.

My thought was that Mascherano getting sent off was an over-reaction to the Cole stuff, the refs realised this, and pulled it back from that point on.

We just got screwed is all. So because of the over reaction to Mascherano, there's been the opposite over reaction now.

Had he left the field without the theatrics, I think that his sending off would have been rescinded, as there was no official policy on talking to the refs.

We were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

My thought was that Mascherano getting sent off was an over-reaction to the Cole stuff, the refs realised this, and pulled it back from that point on.

We just got screwed is all. So because of the over reaction to Mascherano, there's been the opposite over reaction now.

Had he left the field without the theatrics, I think that his sending off would have been rescinded, as there was no official policy on talking to the refs.

We were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In the cold light of day, all of this is correct

The fact it was Bennett, at OT still irks me.

It was an era that lasted until Wayne Rooney called Steve 'look at me!' Bennett a'Fu***ng blind useless c*nt? You stupid fu***ng bas**ard cu**t bast**d c*nt c*nt.'

even though youve put a question mark in there fyds...its not a question merely a stating of facts...now if he had asked "steve are you a f***in blind useless c***?" then he could have been sent off.

I knew this was bad when I saw you in this thread

Why do this in a f***ing showpiece game?

Bennett is such a f***ing ringpiece.

I'd like to tenderise his bald bonce with one of those meat mallets

Edited by sutty

Why do this in a f***ing showpiece game?

Bennett is such a f***ing ringpiece.

I'd like to tenderise his bald bonce with one of those meat mallets

still not let this go have you?

Though the hatred of Bennet has burned for quite some time

and still the FA wonders why so many players show a lack of respect to the refs.

in all sports where a referee is involved, all you ask as a player is for consistency and a fair application of the rules.

in too many games we see the same situation dealt with in so many different ways by the officials.

it's no wonder some of the players go off at the refs.

having said that though, Rooney is still a piece of crap who should be red carded the first time he utters a sound, even if it is a scream after a hard tackle.

the captain and vice captains should be the only players to talk to the ref. Period.

Managers dissing the referee after the game should be fined big money, and banned from the touchline for 2 games immediately.

Players caught swearing on the pitch at either officials or opposite players should face a 4 week fine.

do those, and the game would clean up big time.

There is no way the players can expect 'fair play' from the crowd until they show fair play on the pitch.

Oh, and introduce half time, and post match yellow and red cards for diving, swearing, dissent etc.

Managers dissing the referee after the game should be fined big money, and banned from the touchline for 2 games immediately.

Agree - but they also should no longer be obliged to talk to the Press - in fact they should be prohibited from doing so for a period after a match (maybe 24 hours).

the captain and vice captains should be the only players to talk to the ref. Period.

Players caught swearing on the pitch at either officials or opposite players should face a 4 week fine.

do those, and the game would clean up big time.

There is no way the players can expect 'fair play' from the crowd until they show fair play on the pitch.

Oh, and introduce half time, and post match yellow and red cards for diving, swearing, dissent etc.

what the f*** is wrong with swearing at opposition players?