By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Man of the Match game...

Morse

he was much better than Xabi who ha a decent game him self

I really struggle to see how he did anything comparable to Xabi. He definitely had an improved game over previous outings e.g. Inter , and thats great news for us because he is progressing. Not spectacular or influential as far as I saw it.

I thought Lucas played well today. i thought Gerrard was MOTM but I'm puzzled that so few on here seem to rate Lucas.

He's got a good touch, mobile, tackles reasonably well, has got good awareness, plays good simple passes under pressure and can pick a really good pass too. For a young midfielder I'd say that's very promising.

I thought Lucas played well today. i thought Gerrard was MOTM but I'm puzzled that so few on here seem to rate Lucas.

He's got a good touch, mobile, tackles reasonably well, has got good awareness, plays good simple passes under pressure and can pick a really good pass too. For a young midfielder I'd say that's very promising.

He's definitely got the potential. He isn't there yet and I'm certainly not expecting him to be tearing it up as this stage. I think people are going over the top with the praise he gets.

Anyone else think he looked a bit uncomfortable when he was being subbed?

Hope he hasn't picked up anything

Xabi got injured

Dirk was coming off then it was changed to Xabi who came off & went down the tunnel telling the Doctor what was wrong

:(:(:(:(:(

1) Kuyt

2) Alonso

3) Gerrard

And honorable mentions for most of the rest, including Lucas who I thought played with a lot more confidence than I've seen from him in a while and was very effective for the 90mins. Kuy's workrate is staggering, good to see Alonso being so effective in the centre, both defensively and creatively, and Gerrard's goal was just brilliant really.