By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

So where does that rank in CL classics?

Guest Raisbeck

Guest Raisbeck

Must be right up there.

I thought we were dead and buried and it could be over by HT but that was incredible.

Probably not quite up there with the drama of Olympiakos but a brilliant, brilliant game, a DVD keeper I reckon.

I was barely hangin on :lol:

Couldn't take much more of that, when the peno went in I was all for not watching any more.

Amazing game.

After 20 mins or so, we where feced. But God love Sir Sami of Hyypia, that changed it all.

A truly amazing effort by the team, with Kuyt as the example to them all.

Guest Raisbeck

think the difference with this one was the up and downs.

olympiakos was an ultimate low, and then we just exploded.

tonight we were down, then a lifeline, then in front, then OUT!, then back in front, then through for good!

AMazing.

Guest Sabre

I was at Olympiakos and that almost destroyed me but this ranks higher because of the quality of the opposition

it is right up there

Arsenal were terrific for the 1st 20 mins and deserved their goal but we didn't panic or crumble in the face of it, dug in, got our goal [man-marking :oops: !] and were the better team after that. Torres was like Kenny in his prime with that control, turn and top corner finish. Sloppy to concede the 2nd but Walcott tore us a new one (thought Aurelio then Masch should have brought him down). But again we didn't bottle it. Babel looked a different player from last week the moment he got on - total penalty, regardless of the moans that will come re: Hleb in the first leg - and then he finished it off nicely.

Big respect to Gerrard for a proper pressure pen.

Big respect to Kuyt for that performance.

happy happy days :D

We wanted to play Crouch without dropping Torres. Thus 4-4-2. Kuyt has to play as he's a big game player, and Gerrard is far more mobile to play on his 'incorrect' side.

That's my view anyway.

And what nerve from Gerrard for that penalty. I was absolutely s***ting it by then, but he just knocked it into the top corner like it was any other training ground practice session. Brilliant.

Edited by MFletcher

I just get the feeling that this is our cup in the CL, having to win our last 3 games in the group to qualify, beating Inter home and away (with the help of two red cards and two late goals) and now this game and the last 5 amazing minutes

last season we got to the final all so easily in a way

This has to rank up there with them all. Arsenal are a quality side, a big team that will hurt anyone. They came to Anfield and for 30 minutes showed Liverpool what they were capable of. We were played off the park and it wasnt until they scored that we started to play. We managed to get back in the game and after half time took the game to them. A stunning goal from Torres and we tought that we had it won but again the quality of Arsenal showed and they were back in it.

In the end we won as we continued to push for the game and they showed that they were tired.

Fair dues to Arsenal they did everything to win and were fair throughout. Respect to them.

IMO 4-4-2 was the wrong call and Benitez was at fault. Of course the euphoria means I'm hardly going to hold it against him unless it was delibrate and a "rope-a-dope" of sorts as Arsenal tired immensly. Maybe he planned it.

I was furious Aurelio did not foul Walcott , f*** it far too happy to criticise individuals. That Torres is a bit special.

RYAN BABEL. You'd of thought his confidence would have been shot with being dropped but he comes on and puts in his best display since Newcastle away. Well done Babel , lad.

IMO 4-4-2 was the wrong call and Benitez was at fault. Of course the euphoria means I'm hardly going to hold it against him unless it was delibrate and a "rope-a-dope" of sorts as Arsenal tired immensly. Maybe he planned it.

I was furious Aurelio did not foul Walcott , f*** it far too happy to criticise individuals. That Torres is a bit special.

RYAN BABEL. You'd of thought his confidence would have been shot with being dropped but he comes on and puts in his best display since Newcastle away. Well done Babel , lad.

Guest Sabre

It would be a dream to beat Arsenal, Chelsea then Man U in the final. I honestly don't think it will happen though. Fairytales don't occur that often.

Guest GrandpaSimpson

Was s***ting myself everytime Arsenal get the ball, because their players are so good with it.

we never stopped attacking even when we went ahead

this is different team/system than we have seen

reminded me a bit of GH Uefa cup final win. Will be interesting to see how we approach semi final. I thought crouch did well, allowed torres to run at them from left side and drift out there. Crouch worked hard and closed them down when we didn't have the ball. we didn't have an outlet in left midfield really

was a very attack minded performance by us

once we equalised we immediately grew in confidence and they floundered. they were passing ball very well for first 30 minutes but after we scored they looked shaken