Sign in to follow this  
Guest sonofshankly

Diao Off To Birmingham

Guest JamesA

We would appear to have had one firm offer for him.

Diouf has had more than one good game since he has been on loan, but don't let the facts get in the way of your anti-Houllier stance.

If Salif goes then i wish him all the best.

Personally i find it pathetic that we continue to slag off one of our own. Classy fans ..... :rolleyes:

Agree.

Though I think he's got a future somewhere else, I wish him all the best when he finds himself a new club. If he'd played against Burnley tomorrow, I would cheer for him as much as I do for other players, no difference, they're all playing playing for our team. Don't understand those who gets full of joy because of this news. Though I agree with the decision, I see no reason why I should be that happy for it.

You've seen his contract then? How do you get info on players contracts or are you telling a porkie just to bash GH?

A) £31,000 a week he is on for a FIVE year contract

B) Stay out of my personal fued with James

Guest JamesA

And what was the standard length of contract at the time we bought him. Gosh, wouldn't have been 5 years, would it...

Guest FloPo
A) £31,000 a week he is on for a FIVE year contract

B) Stay out of my personal fued with James

Hardly a "massive" contract is it? Talk about going overboard as usual from you.

Hardly a "massive" contract is it?

Eh ??? £4.5 million transfer and a gurantee of £18.6 million in wages over five years unless we can sell him for one of the worst centre midfielders to ever wear a Liverpool shirt and you call it 'hardly massive' - jesus wept

Do you think all these players on loan are having all their wages paid by the other teams ?

Talk about going overboard as usual from you.

And you are ?

Edited by Huyton_Red

Guest FloPo

Eh ??? £4.5 million transfer and a gurantee of £18.6 million in wages over five years unless we can sell him for one of the worst centre midfielders to ever wear a Liverpool shirt and you call it 'hardly massive' - jesus wept

Do you think all these players on loan are having all their wages paid by the other teams ?

And you are ?

I'd call a massive contract 50 to 60k a week. Not 31k. We are a big club so we pay good wages. You dont seem to understand that or anything else about football for that matter.

there are many players I would gladly argue the case for GH signing, but for Diao, I just can't see any argument. I cant for ONE SECOND figure out why:

a) he was signed

b) how at ANY TIME he could have been valued at £5 mill

c) what he possibly could have brought this team that Biscan couldn't have.

Quite frankly the most mind boggling transfer of recent years. All I could figure was that he was brought as mate for Diouf, but apparently they wheren't even big mates :D

Nothing 'gainst Diao, he aint half as bad as he's made out to be, but for an average player, it was a big price, and for a player who we never really needed, and who has played so little over 3 years, a crazy price.

I hope he does go and do well at Brum, cos his career was going down the pan, from being a spare part player bought for goodness knows what reason.

Guest FloPo
Shall we sign Robbie Savage and pay him £18 million over the next few years

Cos were a big club like

"Cos" Oh I see, the school chat. I always thought you were a child. Theres the confirmation.

Speak English and you might not be laughed at so much. Just a thought.

maybe there was some truth in the stories linking us with edu last week.

seems strange we would let him go on loan, and leave ourselves short of cover in centre mid.

If we dont go after edu, then what someone said a few weeks ago about potter being given special training in order to get him ready for the first team, sounds spot on

Edited by bigdave50uk

Guest FloPo
Aye - them five year £90,000 a week deals lampard and terry have just signed certainly proves your point, which comes as something of a surprise

You show your stupidity AGAIN. He is talking about signings they've made this summer not players who were already there and proven in England. Go and look at the contract lengths. Dont be so stupid all your life.

Guest FloPo

Above is james post, so you can read it again

Please tell me where he 'is talking about signings they made in the summer'. I know I am stupid and that, but I thought 'compare them to the current contract lengths being offered' means I should compare them to the curret contract lengths Chelsea are offering to their players

As Terry AND lampard have just signed FIVE year contracts, can you please explain why, when in the world according to james, this does not happen anymore etc etc

Stupid ? ha ha ha ha ha

You just dont see it do you? You might realise when you become an adult until then leave the grown ups to chat.

Guest JamesA

Huyton, I would have thought the reference to the word summer might have given an indication that you should compare like for like - not like you to pick and choose your facts to suit your purpose, though.

You just dont see it do you? You might realise when you become an adult until then leave the grown ups to chat.

You couldnt make this up.... F'ckin ell I am literally p'ssing myself laughing

Top quality entertainment FloPo, thanks a lot.

It must of been written in invisible ink, cos no I couldnt see it.

Look at what they are now offering foreign players signed this season NOT proven ENGLISH players. Your point was about Diao a FOREIGN player. Do you see now or are you to stupid to understand?

ha ha ha ha

f'ck me

So its not only transfers now, but its also foreign players

Are we making this up as we go along FloPo.

I know, lets move it onto players with dodgy hairstyles, diao DODGY hairstyle, NOT proven SHORT BACK AND SIDES

And is it neccessary to keep on calling me names you big bully ?

Guest FloPo
ha ha ha ha

f'ck me

So its not only transfers now, but its also foreign players

Are we making this up as we go along FloPo.

I know, lets move it onto players with dodgy hairstyles, diao DODGY hairstyle, NOT proven SHORT BACK AND SIDES

And is it neccessary to keep on calling me names you big bully ?

When you are as stupid as you yes. You only use what suits your point. Anyway no point debating with a child. Cya.

Guest FloPo
What length contracts have Chelsea offered to their new signings this season ?

I dont think he understands. He is really struggling to understand that Chelsea dont mind giving Terry and Lampard 5 year deals because they have proven themselves whereas a foreigner coming over to the Prem for the first time hasnt proven himself in England. Why he cant understand that I dont know.

Guest baldini

I hope that Salif Diao has played hes last game for Liverpool. I would have preferred that head been sold (we paid £5m for him) but we have to loan him instead.

Liverpool midfielder Salif Diao is set to join Birmingham on loan for the rest of the season.

He will join players like Cheyrou, Diouf, Vignal, Medjani which I think all have played there last game for Liverpool.

What´s your thought?

Guest FrankH
I'd call a massive contract 50 to 60k a week. Not 31k. We are a big club so we pay good wages. You dont seem to understand that or anything else about football for that matter.

You are surely taking the piss?

I dont think he understands. He is really struggling to understand that Chelsea dont mind giving Terry and Lampard 5 year deals because they have proven themselves whereas a foreigner coming over to the Prem for the first time hasnt proven himself in England. Why he cant understand that I dont know.

they don't mind givingh any player a 5 year contract as Abrahmovic is a multi-billionaire spending a pittance of his money on Chelsea.

Guest JamesA
they don't mind givingh any player a 5 year contract as Abrahmovic is a multi-billionaire spending a pittance of his money on Chelsea.

Then why did the new signings over the summer only get 3 year deals ?

There seems to have been a sea change in contract lengths in football.

Then why did the new signings over the summer only get 3 year deals ?

There seems to have been a sea change in contract lengths in football.

I've a feeling it has alot to do with the ability to move a player on without the issues they've faced with Crespo and Veron. They can treat the fee as a one off expense, and not budget or account for resale value, whilst giving them the freedom to release a player who's served up their best or not worked out without the inconvenience of them being on a long deal that the player doesn't want to give up, and other clubs wont match. We have similar issues.