By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Lions

Gethin

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to Gatland & his crew.

Was expecting a 3-0 defeat. A 1-1 draw is a hell of an effort really against that team.

Yup - didn't think he had it in him. 

Weird at the end. Poite called the penalty on Owens for the offside, went to video review to check that and the obstruction, confirmed with the Video Ref that he was going to give a pen. By the time he walked over and talked to the captains it had changed to accidental offside and a scrum....

That's Ken Owens career back on track after a two- minute derailment - would have been catastrophic for a player to feel responsible for a series defeat.

Strange decision from Poite. But at least it gives the Kiwis something to whinge about.

Yeah, felt strange, I'm sorry it is all over because Lions tours are aways special and this one has been massively intense with some huge moments and great individual displays at times. For the Lions, Davies was absolutely superb, I thought Watson was great and Itoje is just a notch above everyone pretty much. Plenty more showed their big game credentials too - O'Brien, Farrell, Daly to name just a few.

For them, for all the talk of Beauden Barrett surpassing Carter (he's got a long, long way to go) I reckon the younger brother looks like he will be every but as good based on today.

Quote strange though that great series as it was, the matches weren't always decided by quality but by mistakes. The Lions missed loads of chances in the first Test, NZ did today and they left plenty of kicking points out there too. Hasn't detected from it all though and just shows the fine margins and attritional nature of it at that level.