By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Weather

The Hitman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jet Stream (strong atmospheric wind) flows over from the Atlantic and brings depressions and poor weather with in on a regular basis.

Normally in the summer the Jet Stream flows along North of the UK meaning its takes the bad weather with it and we avoid it.

But this year its a good few hundred miles too far south, and for a persistent period of time, so all the bad weather is being directed slap bang into the UK.

Nobody is totally sure why it has remained so far South for so long. It could just be a coincidence, but it could be a result of a number of potential Climate Change-related factors.

Nobody is totally sure why it has remained so far South for so long. It could just be a coincidence, but it could be a result of a number of potential Climate Change-related factors.

or a massive high pressure sitting over the eastern US

something definatley has changed ,I can remember when it used to warm from May till August and these days we

are lucky to get a month of sun

We didn't often used to get proper snow down here in Brighton either but for the past 5 or so winters we've had loads.

I'll trade you a few of your cool damp days for the weather we have here, our coolest day this week is going to be Friday, 96F/37C

We haven't had a decent amount of rain for a couple of weeks.

get the Torries to declare a drought - work bloody marvelously over here...............

I'll trade you a few of your cool damp days for the weather we have here, our coolest day this week is going to be Friday, 96F/37C

you still allowed to use a hose pipe?

you still allowed to use a hose pipe?

Absolutely, we have this great source of water running down the side of the city, the Missouri River. Once you get to the middle and west of Nebraska, there is catastrophic drought. Farmers are coming into Omaha to get hay for their animals.

Our local electric utility has today issued a request for people to try and cut down the use of air conditioners.

that's what you get for living in a mad, desert part of the country.

the heat here is supplemented with humidity which is lovely

that's what you get for living in a mad, desert part of the country.

the heat here is supplemented with humidity which is lovely

We don't have deserts in Omaha, just a couple of hundred miles to the west and north west.

It has not been that humid the past few days, just bloody hot. We have been down to the pool on a regular basis. They have set up sprinkler hoses on the deck to keep the concrete cool and some misters over the pool. Later in the week, the humidity returns and it gets a little uncomfortable.

I will.

It's soddin' hot here. Has been for ages and looks like it's gonna carry on being for ages. :P

Where are you?

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the heat here as long as I have my pool and a/c. The odd day in the low 80's would be nice every once in a while.

Edited by Nebraska Red