By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

FSG Watch...

Chewie

You're getting tedious with this now.

First time I've mentioned it in weeks and only time I've said it in this thread which it is entirely relevant to.

Feel free to carry on putting your fingers in your ears and keep your head in the sand.

I'll be surprised - and happy - if more people don't share my fears in 12 months time.

Edited by Flight

They are massively reducing our cost base while maximising our income.

They are doing a half arsed initial stadium renovation, justified by a one sided memo from Henry to TAW which most people seem to have accepted without question as though it were a Jedi mind trick.

Revenue per seat is the new keyword, without any real understanding of what it means.

These owners have done almost nothing to inspire trust but under them we and they have shown constant mismanagement. They have zero understanding of our sport and to this day have not put in place a single person at Executive level who does.

They certainly aren't all in and I see plenty of signs that they are considering folding.

Where is the evidence of massively reduced costs? The wage bill went up to record amounts in the last accounts, what has happened since to change this?

Re the stadium, anybody can do the maths, it's been the case for years that the increase in capacity has to be in the high end market, corporate and club class seats, to make any financial sense, anything else is an increase in capacity for it's own sake.

Facts are that we have not performed on the pitch relative to how much we spend for years, and among other things, this has been a failure of management on and off the pitch.

Facts are we are suffering from lack of balls and vision a decade and more ago regarding the stadium.

You seem to be blowing a lot of air based on not much more than dislike for a few people

They are massively reducing our cost base while maximising our income. - what are you basing this on?

They are doing a half arsed initial stadium renovation, justified by a one sided memo from Henry to TAW which most people seem to have accepted without question as though it were a Jedi mind trick. - no official word on stadium yet. A lot of fans favoured redevelopment anyway. If they do redevelop Anfield let's see the plans first before declaring it "half arsed"

Revenue per seat is the new keyword, without any real understanding of what it means. - is this from Henry's email as well?

These owners have done almost nothing to inspire trust but under them we and they have shown constant mismanagement. They have zero understanding of our sport and to this day have not put in place a single person at Executive level who does. - they seem to have a clear idea of how they want to move forward. What "constant mismanagement" have they shown?

They certainly aren't all in and I see plenty of signs that they are considering folding. - give us a few examples of these signs.

First time I've mentioned it in weeks and only time I've said it in this thread which it is entirely relevant to.

Feel free to carry on putting your fingers in your ears and keep your head in the sand.

I'll be surprised - and happy - if more people don't share my fears in 12 months time.

Edited by Boca

How on earth did they end up with the Mascherano money?

I guess it's possible that it wasn't all paid up front?

We sold Masch in August and they came in early October..

Do Barca pay up front? It's not impossible that they were in situ when a sizeable chunk of it came in.

You're getting tedious with this now.

fobbing off his concerns is tedious

all our current optimism is pie in the sky, which is alright for now as it's the summer, but tbf every supporter at every club can do what we are doing atm

I've been giving them a bit of a flogging the last few months, and I'm not happy with what was done with Kenny, the lack of a DofF and the managers they properly considered as far as well were aware.

I think they are spot on with the stadium, financially it makes sense to expand anfield and not get into a ton of debt and it protects our heritage. I don't think they'd give a s**** sfor the latter if the numbers said otherwise but they do. It may well be that the redevelop anfield car is being played because it buys them a load of time. They're giving us a bit off toffee if you want to be cynical.

I'd urge everyone to read the Peter McGurk stuff on the stadium and the finances surrounding it.

I'm yet to be convinced they care about the football or winning things at all yet, which is a massive disconnect with what the fans think should be happening. I think by the end of the transfer window it'll be clear if we've got ourselves a Randy Lerner, who will be happy to keep things stagnant on a football level, while sorting out the business side. I've suspected for a while that's their plan.

I suspect they've been shocked at the level of scrutiny they are under from the fans, and uncomfortable with it, they'd rather do things their own way and answer to no-one. As a fan base we have to keep that pressure on them as much as possible, without it being too much. They could make that aspect a lot easier by getting a fan on the board or someone we can trust. But they've pretty much stripped that away in sacking Kenny.

If Rodgers has a horror start and it starts to turn nasty, we'll really see if they've got a game plan, or if they're all over the place. I suspect that on the business side they know exactly what they want to achieve. On the football side they haven't a clue and are kneejerk, and that's the worry, because it can spiral out of control pretty quick in football. I don't think we are any further on football wise since they took over due to their decision making, and that's a worry as well.

fobbing off his concerns is tedious

all our current optimism is pie in the sky, which is alright for now as it's the summer, but tbf every supporter at every club can do what we are doing atm

It is nearly two years now and can anyone name one single inspirational and unmitigated successful appointment they've made?

no official word on stadium yet. A lot of fans favoured redevelopment anyway. If they do redevelop Anfield let's see the plans first before declaring it "half arsed" s this from Henry's email as well?

This is largely based on Henrys email and things that Ayre has said.

These owners have done almost nothing to inspire trust but under them we and they have shown constant mismanagement. They have zero understanding of our sport and to this day have not put in place a single person at Executive level who does. - they seem to have a clear idea of how they want to move forward.What "constant mismanagement" have they shown?

They have a clear idea of what they want ? Are you taking the piss. They are making it up as they go along.

i) Self explanatory - still no one appointed who has any experience in football on the board.

ii) We are going to go with Comolli.

iii) We are going to sack Comolli.

iv) Comolli has been sacked but Kennys job is safe long term.

v) Kenny is sacked.

vi) We aren't appointing a senior manager because we want a DoF/Sporting Director and a senior manager won't work with one.

vii) We are putting in place a senior team of people above the manager, so we want a young up and coming learning his trade who can be mentored.

viii) We are appointing a young up and coming manager learning his trade with a team alongside him.

ix) We are appointing a young up and coming manager learning his trade and he is the man.

They certainly aren't all in and I see plenty of signs that they are considering folding. - give us a few examples of these signs.

i) There is absolutely no justification for replacing Kenny Dalglish with Brendon Rogers, unless they were appointing someone like Bergiristain, if we are looking to win things.

ii) We actually know winning things isn't what we are about because Ayre said so.

iii) They bought us at a ridiculously low price, the key being because we needed massive investment in both the playing squad and a new ground.

iv) iii) is not going to happen.

There's lots of other stuff. You have to judge it all together as one big picture, not take things in isolation.

The two major concerns are :

i) why replace Kenny with Rogers without someone like Bergiristain ? (sorry to bring that up but it's entirely relevent)

ii) still no-one appointed to the board who knows our sport in Europe.

iii) It's my opinion that they are still trying to adapt and leverage their experience in American sports to our sport. It isn't going to work.

We'll see how things go in the coming 12/24 months.

Edited by Flight

Not sure why the justifications for sacking Kenny and hiring Rodgers only stack up if we get a DOF as well.

I'm not convinced hiring Rodgers stacks up at all. I hope to be proven wrong

Not sure why the justifications for sacking Kenny and hiring Rodgers only stack up if we get a DOF as well.

Because

i) he's massively inexperienced in every arena as a manager;

ii) the whole new set up was supposed to be to provide a system where replacing the manager wasn't an upheaval for the club in future - he worked to a strategy set by the DoF with the clubs staff. Dropping that underlines they are potentially looking short term. Replacing Kenny with Rodgers is very similar to replacing Benitez with Hodgson in that he has far less clout, can't interfere with the owners plans and is as much of a gamble. Please don't put words in my mouth taking that analogy too far and just take it as what I've said. I don't think FSG will strip us like G&H did, but I don't think they are going to invest for us to be competitive either.

It is nearly two years now and can anyone name one single inspirational and unmitigated successful appointment they've made?

The sacking of Hodgson, and the appointment of Kenny as caretaker boss, for a start. Doesn't get more inspirational than that.

We'll see how things go in the coming 12/24 months.

You should just stick to this mantra really.

The sacking of Hodgson, and the appointment of Kenny as caretaker boss, for a start. Doesn't get more inspirational than that.

You should just stick to this mantra really.

They dithered for months, before appointing a supporters favourite, who was already at the club, had applied for the job back in the summer, was being demanded by the supporters from September onwards. It was the easy option, not inspirational.

We could be royally f***ed up the a*** in 24 months

(Royally f***ed up the a*** will involve the protagonist wearing a crown and using a cepter in the a*** f***ing at some point. There might be a Corgi involved too, but that depends in availability)

Edited by Rushiesbushymoustache

They dithered for months, before appointing a supporters favourite, who was already at the club, had applied for the job back in the summer, was being demanded by the supporters from September onwards. It was the easy option, not inspirational.

(Royally f***ed up the a*** will involve the protagonist wearing a crown and using a cepter in the a*** f***ing at some point. There might be a Corgi involved too, but that depends in availability)

Don't you mean majorly? :bleh:

FFS they took over in October and sacked him in January. That was about as quick a firing as we could have hoped for.

FFS they took over in October and sacked him in January. That was about as quick a firing as we could have hoped for.

No they could and should have done it the next day. They could see it going badly wrong well before January and should have acted much sooner. They hoped to limp on until the end of the season, but the spectre if relegation and falling attendances forced their hands. Had they appointed Kenny sooner we may well have qualified for Europe, even the champions league.

Don't you mean majorly? :bleh:

No, there's a full description of what a royal bumf*** would involve right there in the post

They sacked him because empty seats started appearing at Anfield. Thats not inspirational. Thats common sense.

Inspirational would have been sacking him after the Everton away game.

I'm cautiously optimistic , but it's a massive massive risk, no matter how well spoken he is

I think you've got to be optimistic as a fan, or what's the point? I don't feel the way I did when Hodgson was appointed, but I'm not convinced this is the right appointment either. I think the process and reasoning behind his selection, leaves a lot of questions too.

Inspired me, and every other fan I know. Seemed to inspire the team too.

3 months is dithering ? That explains a lot.

after what we've been through with the other pair of clowns any fan that ISN'T erring on the side of caution with these owners is f***ing stupid..

i am firmly in the camp that these fella's need to make a statement of intent.. i thought they should have done it when they walked in the door but they dithered over Hodgson and then went with the easy option of giving Kenny the full-time job at the season's end..

whilst i am trembling with excitement at the thought of Rodgers team passing the living daylights out of everyone before cutting a thrust towards goal and notching up yet another 'goal of the season' contender as we romp away with the title i am also very concerned they didn't go all out for one of Klopp, Guardiola, Mourinho.. winners.. been there.. seen that.. designed the f***ing t-shirt you're wearing..

not convinced by FSG.. not one bit..