By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The best ... of the year

Sir Tokyo Sexwale

I've only seen Shutter Island. Is Inception better? I heard they're kinda "similar".

There's one clear difference between the two - Inception is a good film, Shutter Island is s***

I liked the other guys, but only a complete fool would have that as a contender for film of the year ahead of Inception

Or The Disappearance Of Alice Creed, or Four Lions, or Heartless, or The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo...

Still don't understand the fuss with Inception with anyone past their teens.

Never in the top 10 films ever made.

It's a good film. Well acted, well directed, and a minimum of green-screen/cgi stuff. And it doesn't have a clear-cut ending, which always makes people think it's clever

It's a good film. Well acted, well directed, and a minimum of green-screen/cgi stuff. And it doesn't have a clear-cut ending, which always makes people think it's clever

That's where, for once, we disagree. Well acted ?! It's very basic, as are many of the lines. And unclear ? Isn't that clever !

Why it's been talked about so much is because it deals with dreams and the imagination - it's dificult to say " You're wrong about that ". But for quality, it's Usual Suspects meets The Matrix and not as good as either.

Shutter Island isn't great.

You can guess the ending after about ten minutes.

I remember watching the Sixth Sense having been told by many people that it had an amazing twist at the end. Watched it, got it after 2 minutes and spent the rest of the film waiting for the amazing twist.

Not impressed.

best films ive seen this year:

The Headless Woman

Dogtooth

The Social Network

Inception and Enter The Void both had potential which was ruined by conceptual smugness, s*** clunky dialogue and awful wooden acting.

oh, and Kick Ass was great too

Edited by RedHarvest

best films ive seen this year:

The Headless Woman

Dogtooth

The Social Network

Inception and Enter The Void both had potential which was ruined by conceptual smugness, s*** clunky dialogue and awful wooden acting.

oh, and Kick Ass was great too

Has been overlooked by a lot of people, very good film indeed. Nearly stayed up to watch it again last night on film 4.