By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

SOS - Mass Meeting - Zelig's - 11th July 1.00pm

anyone been to Zelig?

I'd recommend the tomato Pizza bread and calamari for the starter and also the steak rossini and the swordfish and the veal milanese

but not the lasagne, that can f*** off

also, be sure to order the most expensive bottle of red there is - forget the name but it's absolutely superb

hope this advice makes for a more pleasureable experience for all those attending

Blood Red: Spirit of Shankly have made huge strides

Jul 11 2009 by Tony Barrett, Liverpool Echo

SPIRIT of Shankly is holding a mass meeting at Zeligs in Liverpool One today and the huge strides the fans group has made since its formation 18 months ago is likely to be reflected in the turnout.

There have been so many high points for SOS during the last year and a half and everyone involved should be proud of their achievements.

Thecampaign to win justice for Michael Shields has been supported vigorously, the intentions of Liverpool co-owner George Gillett have been challenged in person, local and national politicians have engaged with the group and enormous pressure has beenbrought to bear on club officials and travel companies to win a fair deal for match-going fans.

When the media asks RBS for guidance regarding Liverpool’s finances it rarely gets it. But not only did SOS receive a response from RBS, it actually got a detailed statement from the bank’s public affairs head Roger Lowry who took the fans group so seriouslyhe felt the need to give a full explanation of RBS’s relationship with Liverpool FC.

A telling moment for SOS as it provided the most vivid illustration yet of how far it has come since it was formed in the back room of the Sandon pub in January 2008.

• 2 weeks later...
anyone been to Zelig?

I'd recommend the tomato Pizza bread and calamari for the starter and also the steak rossini and the swordfish and the veal milanese

but not the lasagne, that can f*** off

also, be sure to order the most expensive bottle of red there is - forget the name but it's absolutely superb

hope this advice makes for a more pleasureable experience for all those attending

Went last weekend,had a good laugh there.

Unfortunately I can't remember the food as we were all pretty lashed,but I can definitely recommend their pitchers of ale.