By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Second Leg

carrafan

Thought Drogba had the better of Carra every time they went long and won most of the balls in the air. Would it be a decent idea to go with Agger and Skrtel in the middle in London, seeing that we have little to lose anyway? Plus, they are simply better on the ball than Carra and also give us a better chance going forward at set pieces as well.

He was the outlet as always yesterday and we need to either win most of the long balls or most of the second balls next week. The thing is, if he easily wins most of the headers he's going to find his man most of the times and hence i think he needs to face an Agger or a Skrtel when going up for the long ball.

I've thought about this idea when we're generally playing a good targetman earlier in the season as well, but none of the teams have such good attacking midfielders as Lampard and Ballack and very few targetmen are as good as Drogba, so its okay lost out in that department. But Chelsea are a completely different scenario.

If i'm not allowed to create a thread related to the next game this early, could you mods open it in time for the next game?

Edited by carrafan

Yes, i noticed that they havent and it would be a risk. :) But these two must train all the time and are good enough to form a partnership? Of course, at communication and defense management, Carra is the best we've got and maybe thats why we need him in our side every week.

Drogba tore Hyypia a new one, i thought last season when our centreback went off injured.

Skrtel has been excellent this season, but against players he knows have the beating of him, he does resort to silly physicality rather than just concentrate on the basics. If Agger hadn't missed so much football recently, I'd be tempted to go with him, as he dealt with Drogba quite well two seasons ago.

I thought Carra played like he used to against Henry last night. He looked nervous and commited himself to the floor so many times. I honestly think Rafa needs to rest him in some games and play Agger more. Agger gives you so much more with his confidence on the ball. I thought Carra's poor form last night also seemed to effect Skrtel. The second half last night reminded me very much of the first half in Istanbul. We were all over the place.

Edited by Bootle Buck