By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

ITV want Carra

Paul_LFC

From Charles Sales' column in the Daily Mail...

BBC Sport, despite their dwindling football portfolio, have signed up Lee Dixon on a longer contract to continue as main pundit alongside presenter Adrian Chiles on Match Of The Day 2 on Sundays, while ITV are keen for Liverpool's Jamie Carragher to join their Euro 2008 roster.

Random but i'm sure Carra would make an excellent pundit if it happens!

I do too.

But not on ITV. When they signed up Murphy I thought he'd be a star but he was scared stiff by the camera and kept in a straight-jacket by being given a few seconds to answer a question before the next pundit got a turn... then off to the adverts again. I heard him on City recently and he was brilliant.

But he and Carragher would be great on something like MotD2. And even better as expert summarisers on Radio 5 where they'd be given a free rein.

Is Gary Neville likely to be heading back to ITV? Sorry, but I thought he was quite good - I just can't see him and Carra on the same panel.

Edited by Cam

Gazza in his current mentalness would also be worth watching:

Steve Ryder: Paul, should Quaresma play on the opposite wing to Ronaldo?

Gazza: But where will all the little pixies play?! Ooooh, jelly!

I read somewhere that ITV are going to based in London for their Euro 2008 coverage and they are just sending out the commentators and co-commentators to Austria and Switzerland.

sensible move that and the beeb should do the same in this era of shrinking BBC budgets

I do too.

But not on ITV. When they signed up Murphy I thought he'd be a star but he was scared stiff by the camera and kept in a straight-jacket by being given a few seconds to answer a question before the next pundit got a turn... then off to the adverts again. I heard him on City recently and he was brilliant.

But he and Carragher would be great on something like MotD2. And even better as expert summarisers on Radio 5 where they'd be given a free rein.

Is Gary Neville likely to be heading back to ITV? Sorry, but I thought he was quite good - I just can't see him and Carra on the same panel.

Why not? Despite the rivalry i'd imagine a lot of mutual respect.

Carra would be great on TV, but I hope he tells ITV where to go. Like with Sky, it's doing a deal with the devil.

:rolleyes:

Like the time Carragher rang Bascombe up to find out how Neville's injury was.

'Well you're the one on international duty with him, why don't you ask him'?

'You think I talk to that prick?'

Not to mention the fact he's Gary Neville

Not to mention he will be stuck in the same hotel for a month or so with....Gary Neville

And what if they do the double?

Oh and did I forget to say...He's Gary Neville

:rolleyes:

Sorry for upsetting your capitalistic, dumbed-down, phone-vote frenzied sensibilities (although rolling your eyes is considered a bit intellectual for ITV - you really need an angry head slapping neanderthal smiley). Anyway, in a rare lapse in taste, King Kenny will appear tonight with his missus on ITV1's 'All Star Mr and Mrs'!

Like the time Carragher rang Bascombe up to find out how Neville's injury was.

'Well you're the one on international duty with him, why don't you ask him'?

'You think I talk to that prick?'

Why did Carra ring Bascombe to ask about Neville's injury?

Sorry for upsetting your capitalistic, dumbed-down, phone-vote frenzied sensibilities (although rolling your eyes is considered a bit intellectual for ITV - you really need an angry head slapping neanderthal smiley). Anyway, in a rare lapse in taste, King Kenny will appear tonight with his missus on ITV1's 'All Star Mr and Mrs'!

Ummm....What?

How on earth is it "selling his soul to the devil" if Jamie Carragher is to appear on ITV and/or Sky?

Edited by Ant

Why did Carra ring Bascombe to ask about Neville's injury?

I'm sure it was because he was tipped for a start.

Ummm....What?

How on earth is it "selling his soul to the devil" if Jamie Carragher is to appear on ITV and/or Sky?

Only an ITV fan would require an answer. Do some research on why public service broadcasting used to be considered so important.

Only an ITV fan would require an answer. Do some research on why public service broadcasting used to be considered so important.

I quite agree.

If I don't see Carra doing public information films about 'Stop Look Listen Think' or 'Stranger Danger' then its akin to selling his soul to the devil. IF we're letting our players get into bed with satan and broadcast on independant television then this isn't the club that I fell in love with.