By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

2 things from the match

deacon

1. How funny was it when Gerrard pushed Grant over in the first half? Grant tried to make out as if nothing happened.

2. How sick was Yossi's run for Torres' goal? Not sure we have any other player in our squad who could have done that, it was Arsenal-esque.

1. How funny was it when Gerrard pushed Grant over in the first half? Grant tried to make out as if nothing happened.

2. How sick was Yossi's run for Torres' goal? Not sure we have any other player in our squad who could have done that, it was Arsenal-esque.

It was sick, man !

Pity he did f*** all else all game .. get rid

Yossi is a brilliant player. When I say Arsenal-esque, I mean a player who can play between the lines and move the ball forward whilst rarely giving it away. You watch Arsenal and Barca play and they have 3 or 4 players who can do that and Yossi is the same. When playing a side like Chelsea who are so strong defensively, it's players like Yossi who can find the extra yard of space. Of course he's really weak, and I'm surprised Rafa didn't match him up against Cole earlier as Essien was a bit too strong for him at times, but to say we should get rid is total rubbish.

Were there 2 Yossi's playing last night?

The one i saw gave it away constantly

Probably not the best game to prove my point there!

But in fairness, no player kept the ball well last night, in keeping with all Chelsea v Liverpool games. The weather wouldn't have helped either as so many passes ended up short. Generally, his ball retention is excellent. How anyone can be doubting his ability after producing the outstanding bit of play in either leg of a semi final is beyond me.

Probably not the best game to prove my point there!

But in fairness, no player kept the ball well last night, in keeping with all Chelsea v Liverpool games. The weather wouldn't have helped either as so many passes ended up short. Generally, his ball retention is excellent. How anyone can be doubting his ability after producing the outstanding bit of play in either leg of a semi final is beyond me.

He was s***e against Fulham and Brum as well. Although he was asked to play LW and it's quite clear he can't.

Squad player maybe. But if people think he's good enough to be part of a starting 11 and it turns out to be that way then we're f***ed for next sason.

Yossi is a brilliant player. When I say Arsenal-esque, I mean a player who can play between the lines and move the ball forward whilst rarely giving it away. You watch Arsenal and Barca play and they have 3 or 4 players who can do that and Yossi is the same. When playing a side like Chelsea who are so strong defensively, it's players like Yossi who can find the extra yard of space. Of course he's really weak, and I'm surprised Rafa didn't match him up against Cole earlier as Essien was a bit too strong for him at times, but to say we should get rid is total rubbish.

In the premiership, this is a contradiction of the highest order

He isn't good enough to be a starter.

Would he get near the a***/Manc/CSKA London teams?

He was s***e against Fulham and Brum as well. Although he was asked to play LW and it's quite clear he can't.

Squad player maybe. But if people think he's good enough to be part of a starting 11 and it turns out to be that way then we're f***ed for next sason.

Jesus, we agree on something .. :wacko:

the only use for benayoun is behind the striker.

why rafa plays him wide is a mystery as he's bloody abject when he does.

When i looked at the team sheet and realised we had a left side consisting of Benayoun and Riise my jaw dropped.

the only use for benayoun is behind the striker.

why rafa plays him wide is a mystery as he's bloody abject when he does.

agreed. Benayoun can be a Litmanen/Bergkamp-type 2nd striker... but he's always asked to play on the flank, which just negates his strengths.