By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

i think Raf messed up

D.Boon

And no i am not saying i want him sacked etc but he messed up tonight.

Kuyt did f*** all and when we equalised Babel should have been straight on to get at them.He was always going to come on at some point and that was the perfect time.

They were wobbling after the Torres goal and we should have taken the initiative. At that point we score another and the tie is over.

Anyway, whats done is done but i feel Rafa missed a trick.

And no i am not saying i want him sacked etc but he messed up tonight.

Kuyt did f*** all and when we equalised Babel should have been straight on to get at them.He was always going to come on at some point and that was the perfect time.

They were wobbling after the Torres goal and we should have taken the initiative. At that point we score another and the tie is over.

Anyway, whats done is done but i feel Rafa missed a trick.

i agree with that, although i have no issue with torres being subbed. apart from the goal he had a poor game

Guest GrandpaSimpson
we had plenty chances over both legs to win this tie

we didn't lose 'cos of Rafa, or Riise, or Sami, or the Ref

the boys did us proud 2nd half onwards tonight - it just wasn't to be,

Jesus f***ing wept

Who the f*** is blaming Sami?

Edited by GrandpaSimpson

Absolutely. Not blaming Rafa for our elimination by any stretch of the imagination. Agree that maybe introducing Babel when they were rocking may have helped though.

i agree with that, although i have no issue with torres being subbed. apart from the goal he had a poor game

Im not slating the Torres sub if he was injured but it looked like we were bringing Babel on and then equalised. We should have brought him on at that point regardless and gone for the winner.

i like Kuyt but he was s*** tonight and we should have taken the initiative and got at them when they were rocking.

Rafa is a great manager but i think he made a mistake at that point.

FFS, if there's one position and one game where you can't use the "apart from goal" line, it's striker and a semi final 2nd leg. He wasn't at his best but he put away a critical chance. He (and Benny) are basically why we even had extra time to suffer through.

Edited by CaptainXabi

We gave it a right go.

But Cobs is right - it just wasn't to be for us tonight.

Given the OG, the penalty decision, injuries etc., we did ourselves proud tonight.

I thought we were poor to be honest.

We didnt trouble Chelsea nearly enough

Guest Linton

I agree. Proud of the team, we gave it a go but sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and say fair play to the other team. No shame in that. A bit gutted for Sami though, I really really love that guy and his eastern 80's look. Brilliant player and an example to the rest of the players out there.

Guest Toxteth O'Grady

Rafa is a legend.

That's all that needs to be said.

Save your amatuer armchair analysis for another day.

I thought we sat back a bit after equalising, which let Chelsea get a foothold back in the game. You could see them thinking "oh f*** here we go again" and we let them off the hook.

That is sadly the truth. We should have made a move after the equalizer but we didn't.

Guest GrandpaSimpson
I thought we sat back a bit after equalising, which let Chelsea get a foothold back in the game. You could see them thinking "oh f*** here we go again" and we let them off the hook.

Is that down to mentality or not having enough (the right) players to do that.

Im not slating the Torres sub if he was injured but it looked like we were bringing Babel on and then equalised. We should have brought him on at that point regardless and gone for the winner.

Babel was clearly coming on anyway. One assumes Torres made it clear he'd felt his hamstring go at that point, although beyond the odd seer on her we don't know as the cameras were understandably on the penalty incident. Would have been interesting to see what the sub was going to be, but I get the feeling it wasn't to be whatever happened fom that point on.

Edited by Gilps