By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

the game that ate itself #47

Video: Nike’s new football advert directed by Guy Ritchie

By Chris Wilson 28/04/2008

Cristiano Ronaldo, Wayne Rooney, William Gallas and Cesc Fabregas all star in Nike’s new football advert which launches tomorrow.

The two-minute ad is directed by Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels director Guy Ritchie and charts the progression of a young football player from his beginnings in non-league football through to competing at the highest level for his country.

The advert, which goes out for the first time minutes before the second leg of the Manchester United v Barcelona Champions League semi-final, also features appearances from Ronaldinho, Ruud Van Nistlerooy, Zlatan Ibrahimovich, Marco Materazzi and Arsene Wenger.

We’ve got our hands on a preview clip of the ad, so take a look below.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...89520-20398292/

guy f***ing ritchie???

I hate Guy Ritchie and his stupid, ancient wife so its difficult to admit that the advert is quite good. Not sure I could watch it more than once or twice though because that diving Portuguese prick's face makes me want to punch things. Mostly that diving Portuguese prick's face.

b/c the player is playing for both Arsenal & the Dutch national side, i originally thought that it was Robin van Persie.

the player, however, used his right-foot to score the goals (RvP is a lefty).

this mystery player continues to allude me... :detective: