By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Fabio Aurelio

abc

Class performance tonight I thought. Played like a true Brazilian on the ball with some sublime touches and close control, especially near the touchline. Defended superbly and won a lot of his duels too.

For me, tonight's performance showed that he is the best left back at the club.

Class performance tonight I thought. Played like a true Brazilian on the ball with some sublime touches and close control, especially near the touchline. Defended superbly and won a lot of his duels too.

For me, tonight's performance showed that he is the best left back at the club.

Agreed.

Edited by HK

He was very good. Loved it one point when Hleb had the ball near our box and Aurelio hassled him all the way back to the half way line. Was solid defensively, had excellent touch and control, and I didn't fear for our posession when he had the ball.

He was very good. Loved it one point when Hleb had the ball near our box and Aurelio hassled him all the way back to the half way line. Was solid defensively, had excellent touch and control, and I didn't fear for our posession when he had the ball.

That was excellent. It wasn't a foul at the end, either.

speaking as a purist and lover of the beautiful game, he should have scythed Walcott down

I think the only reason he did'nt bring him down was because he was a booking away from a match ban and probably hoped someone else would stop him

He's been the best left back at the club a long time and i think that shows with the fact he tends to always play the big games. But his physical condition is such that he has to miss out a lot of the games in between. Through being protected or through being injured. I dont expect him in the team for the next couple of league games

If/when Riise goes we need to bring through Insua. If Rafa thinks he's good enough for the first team then i hope he's involved from next season