By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Walcott left out of Arsenal squad

Got to be something up here surely? He might only be 17 or whatever but you dont pay that amount of money out and never play someone.

Pires has gone, Bergkamp has gone, Henry isnt fit yet, Ljungberg is injured and he still cant get in there.

Aliadiere is in there and he's utter s****.

Maybe he's got a knock or something although he isnt listed on the injury bit on Arsenals website.

Very weird.

Edited by CarraLegend

what I don't get is why he has barely played any reserve games for them either?

I can understand that after he joined from Southampton they didn't want to over play him, as he'd played a fair few games for them that season. But he's only played 3 reserve games since!

Then them 2 or 3 England games he played, he seems to have only played 6 or 7 games since January :unsure:

Edited by Benitez

Not explained why either - Cole's and Henry's are the the only absenses Wenger even attempts to explain

There were no surprises when Arsène Wenger announced his squad for Tuesday's Champions League qualifier against Dinamo Zagreb.

As expected, Tomas Rosicky has been passed fit for the first leg and replaces Mark Randall. Otherwise, the same squad which made the trip to Alkmaar on Friday will travel to Croatia.

Wenger confirmed the list of absentees before boarding a flight for Zagreb on Monday afternoon.

"The players not involved are Jens Lehmann, Freddie Ljungberg, Thierry Henry, Ashley Cole, Gael Clichy, Philippe Senderos, Abou Diaby and Theo Walcott," said Wenger.

"Ashley Cole is not fit to play and I've known for a long time he would not be available for this game. He came back [from the World Cup] late and then he was sick. We do not play with players who are not at a certain level of preparation and Cole is at the moment at the level of Thierry Henry, maybe just a bit behind, so I would not play him.

"Tomas Rosicky will be on the bench. He has not played games so maybe I will play him for 30 minutes coming off the bench. He is physically fit but has not played games."

Lehmann is suspended for Tuesday's game after his red card in the Champions League Final against Barcelona. Manuel Almunia is expected to deputise.

The travelling squad is as follows:

Cesc Fabregas

Kolo Toure

Tomas Rosicky

Jose Antonio Reyes

Robin van Persie

Alexander Hleb

Mathieu Flamini

Alex Song

Pascal Cygan

Gilberto

Johan Djourou

Mart Poom

Manuel Almunia

Emmanuel Adebayor

Emmanuel Eboue

Jeremie Aliadiere

Justin Hoyte

Armand Traore

Not the strongest squad you've ever seen and its not the easiest place to go. Reyes' involvement would suggest he's sticking around though.

Does Theo Walcott exist? I think we should be told.

Course he does, only he's not a footballer. In real life he's a delivery boy for one of the main banks in the Caymen Islands. Sven, realising he was coming to the end of his tenure, needed to get his cash out of England and overseas safely. Knowing that the coming and going of bankers during the World Cup would attract negative media coverage, he needed to come up with some plan to throw the press off the scent. "If only they thought the banker should be around", he thought, "if only I could find some valid reason for having one of their employees at the World Cup". Two minutes later Sven had a brainwave and England's World Cup 2006 squad was finalised.

Well that's what adayinthelife told me anyway.

Course he does, only he's not a footballer. In real life he's a delivery boy for one of the main banks in the Caymen Islands. Sven, realising he was coming to the end of his tenure, needed to get his cash out of England and overseas safely. Knowing that the coming and going of bankers during the World Cup would attract negative media coverage, he needed to come up with some plan to throw the press off the scent. "If only they thought the banker should be around", he thought, "if only I could find some valid reason for having one of their employees at the World Cup". Two minutes later Sven had a brainwave and England's World Cup 2006 squad was finalised.

Well that's what adayinthelife told me anyway.

where is the google video link?