By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

On the plus side

Gomez

According to the guys on ITV4 last night, one of the best parts to ourgame is the fact that Gerrard and Alonso deliver quality balls into the box from set pieces, especially Gerrard who drills them in. It is interesting how other people see our team isn't it.

Thought that meself when I heard that,the amount of times we fail to clear the first man must be 60%especially from corners.

Edited by redger

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm naturally disappointed that we lost a game we clearly should have won, but in a way when we play them at home we will be focused on a win and know what we have to do. If we were 1-0 up we could end up making a silly mistake and blowing it.

The boys will be up for it, esp after being on a plane with a clearly seething Rafa!

think we'll be fine, mike. we didn't have the option that crouch gives us last night, and we missed gerrard's drive and tempo. garcia, fowler and kewell are all far better home players than they are away players at the moment.

would obviously rather we scored first like to avoid needing a repeat of olympiakos.

the three you mentioned were shocking which was effectively our attacking options nullified. moro was ok.

we played plenty of european away games last season where we had few or no attempts at goal. don't really see it as a big deal. we'll batter them to f*** at home.

Guest ziggystardust

i think we should just concentrate for the win and keep it tight. i cant see us scoring two actually i cant see us scoring and we are going out IMO.

i worry about us putting the bal lin the net twice stevie

Exactly. We struggle to win by 2 clear goals, think it was Luton the last time we managed it. We didn't even look like scoring last night if we're honest. If we get an early goal then I reckon we might do it but I can't see us battering em as some people are so sure of.

Exactly. We struggle to win by 2 clear goals, think it was Luton the last time we managed it. We didn't even look like scoring last night if we're honest. If we get an early goal then I reckon we might do it but I can't see us battering em as some people are so sure of.

they're obviously going to come and shut up shop and look to counter-attack, we're going to have to bombard them with a high-tempo game. it'll be a cracker.

We can't expect everything our own way, and if we're honest we can say we've been 'pretty' fortunate in ths competition in recent times. This is the type of game we've got to expect. They'll sit back and attempt to bore us to death, as we've done so successfully in Europe. I don't think they're as organised as us but we simply don't put away many half chances. Seems every goal needs a lot of work. They will allow us a lot of possession over in Anfield and we've got to be cute with it. Obviously they've something to hang on to and God forbid they get an away goal with our strike force being the way it is currently. Got to be Fowler and Crouch up top. With a four of Gerrard, Xabi, Didi and Harry behind them.

I'm naturally disappointed that we lost a game we clearly should have won, but in a way when we play them at home we will be focused on a win and know what we have to do. If we were 1-0 up we could end up making a silly mistake and blowing it.

The boys will be up for it, esp after being on a plane with a clearly seething Rafa!

I'm not sure why you think we clearly should have won the game, their keeper didn't have a save to make. They did look a poor side and my concern would be that even then we didn't create a thing.

We need at least 2 goals to go through (more if they score) and we haven't looked like doing that for a while. I still fancy us but it will be very close - maybe even penalties?!

I'm not sure why you think we clearly should have won the game, their keeper didn't have a save to make. They did look a poor side and my concern would be that even then we didn't create a thing.

We need at least 2 goals to go through (more if they score) and we haven't looked like doing that for a while. I still fancy us but it will be very close - maybe even penalties?!

We should have won the game as we controlled the midfield and Benfica are not very good. If their keeper had made save after save, we could bemoan bad luck, but we never tested him, despite our possession, we tried to either be tool intricate (Garcia trying to dribble it round everyone) or too aimless (too many crosses without looking to see if anyone was there) this was not helped by the lack of pace in Fowler and Morientes.

How many goals had Juve conceeded in the CL when they came to Anfield? We made them look like mugs. There's no certainty we'll win, but then again theres no certainty we'll struggle to break them down.

Guest ziggystardust

in fact I cant see us turning up...actualy I think the world might explode

and to think im letting my five a side team down to watch the return leg. great stuff, sat in the cold watching us getting knocked out by a bum side. On a different note i was impressed with luisao, looked very good a man mountain although a bit like that dude from live and let die.907.jpg

How many goals had Juve conceeded in the CL when they came to Anfield? We made them look like mugs. There's no certainty we'll win, but then again theres no certainty we'll struggle to break them down.

That game ended 2-1. We'd be out.