By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

donny beating arsenal

Mike

Jan Molby - " Hleb is a wonderful player to watch..but he doesn't do anything, doesn't create anything and doesn't score goals "

:blink:

1123798[/snapback]

watching Hleb yesterday you could understand exactly what he meant. Although Lupoli should have scored from a Hleb pass

Posts merged:

you are surely not insinuating that a fix was put in!!

they'd never do that, or would they?

1123839[/snapback]

Why are there always these ridiculous fix allegations. Apparently the draw for the third round qualifiers was fixed so we'd get everton and the champion's league draw was probably fixed so that chelsea got an easy team and avoided barca

Posts merged:

That Larsson kid who came on for Arsenal pissed me off with his penalty. Immediately running over to quickly celebrate infront of the home fans.

Yes mate, you've scored a penalty, but lets remember you and your teammates have just had to claw back level from a goal down, twice, against a team from League 2. You've just gone through extra time against said team, and you still couldn't beat them.

For virtually the entire match, you didn't even look like scoring, whilst Doncaster scythed you apart.

These are not facts to be proud of.

Therefore celebrating your penalty like you've just completed a hattrick of overhead kicks in the World Cup final, when in truth you've fluked your way out of a humiliating defeat, makes you look like a c***.

1123982[/snapback]

Oh leave off. There were fans on the radio last night complaining that arsenal players had the temerity to celebrate.

They were a bunch of 19 year old kids bar 3 of them who had fought back from behind twice against a team playing the game of their life. Sorry if the precious underdogs didn't win against arsenal youth but it happens

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They were a bunch of 19 year old kids bar 3 of them who had fought back from behind twice against a team playing the game of their life. Sorry if the precious underdogs didn't win against arsenal youth but it happens

1124593[/snapback]

Bar 7 of them actually ;)

anyway Im glad the a*** got through, hopefully they will beat ManUSA in the final now :D

molby was spot on about hleb. he reminds me a little bit of mcmanaman, like macca his goal scoring and assisting will probably improve. arsenal don't have a fowler at the moment either.

i'd like us to have that type of option. even if the final pass or shot aren't precise most of the time, that kind of tricky, running player can cause chaos in a defence for other players to capitalise upon.

Bar 7 of them actually  ;)

anyway Im glad the a*** got through, hopefully they will beat ManUSA in the final now  :D

1124608[/snapback]

i don't know all their ages but i'm pretty sure only Almunia, Hleb and Silva were senior players. Even if you want to count Van Persie he went off pretty sharpish. You could count Senderos a a mighty big strtch but not really. Who were the others.

I too mentioned the Manc angle when my mother seemed to be far too upset about donny's loss for a women who's sole footballing knowledge comes from me

Posts merged:

molby was spot on about hleb. he reminds me a little bit of mcmanaman, like macca his goal scoring and assisting will probably improve. arsenal don't have a fowler at the moment either.

i'd like us to have that type of option. even if the final pass or shot aren't precise most of the time, that kind of tricky, running player can cause chaos in a defence for other players to capitalise upon.

1124611[/snapback]

we've never actually replaced Mcmanaman for my money

i don't know all their ages but i'm pretty sure only Almunia, Hleb and Silva were senior players. Even if you want to count Van Persie he went off pretty sharpish. You could count Senderos a a mighty big strtch but not really. Who were the others.

I too mentioned the Manc angle when my mother seemed to be far too upset about donny's loss for a women who's sole footballing knowledge comes from me

Posts merged:

we've never actually replaced Mcmanaman for my money

1124616[/snapback]

Eboue is in his early 20's, Cygan is ancient (and very crap!), Van Persil obviously!

Anyway, I know what you where saying like, apart from Hleb, Silva, Cygan, Amunia, Senderos, Van P - they where not regular first teamers. So it was an inexperienced line up for the most part.

And really, as nice as it is to see an underdog do well - in the great scheme of things, Arsenal winning the cup is better :D

1124593[/snapback]

And they've every right to celebrate, I have no problem with any of the Arsenal players apart from Larsson, because none of them felt it neccessary to run straight over to stand in front of the home fans after scoring his penalty and stand in front of them in celebration.

Once they won the penalty shoot out, of course they were going to celebrate, and why not?

But Arsenal hadn't even won yet, when Larsson let his ego shine through.