By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

The Womens World Cup

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How big is this hairline ?

That’s a horror tackle. Should be a red

Ref bottles it

Cricket manages it I guess.

I love the cheek of the Cameroonian having a go at English lass on the floor after that tackle.

1940s style

You have to be able to drive a bus through it

How big is the bus?

Cricket manages it I guess.

Not many offsides in cricket :thumbs:

They also employ a review system, which is what we should have in football

I’m not sure a review system would work in football. Incidents are that infrequent that you’d see too many frivolous ones borne out of hope rather than expectation.

If managers want to waste their reviews on frivolous appeals and run the risk of not having one for a last minute incident that’s up to them

They've been treating players for 5 minutes and now that they're done they go to the VAR. Why not do that straight away??

And disallow it after they've celebrated for 5 mins, well played.

Edited by drdooom

If managers want to waste their reviews on frivolous appeals and run the risk of not having one for a last minute incident that’s up to them

But that’s kind of the point.

Is a goal ever going to be scored in injury time that isn’t reviewed if it can be?

How long before the 5 minute Budweiser VAR Ad break comes into effect?

Never? Be a bit mad if they were showing adverts while they were trying to work out if someone’s scored.

Is a goal ever going to be scored in injury time that isn’t reviewed if it can be?

Which is my point. A manager shouldn’t piss away reviews on the frivolous for fear of not having them when it’s important/genuine.

If they have 2 reviews and blow them then no moaning if the officials get one wrong after. Works well in cricket/tennis

Never? Be a bit mad if they were showing adverts while they were trying to work out if someone’s scored.

Well probably they wouldnt see it but theres a lot of TV viewers who would.

Football had years of precedent to fine tune their version into VAR and it’s biggest flaw is that the pitch referee has to make the final decision

The process stalling due to player consternation and awareness is partly derived from the fact they’re f***ing stupid and have been allowed to harass the referee their entire careers; the rest because referees aren’t communicating why the review is taking place

PL next season will be a right mess

Isn't the whole idea that the ref reviews it at pitchside down to maintaining the idea that the final decision rests with the ref? Surely this is a load of crap and if VAR says, no ref you are wrong then the ref just needs to go with it and not delay the game by another 2 minutes to confirm? The whole pitchside review of the ref is like some sort of elongated mid year review process and it needs to be f***ed off.

Edited by DPD1973