By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Proof that Southport has More than it's Share of Inbreds

Flight

Got a mate who lives in Ainsdale and he acts like Southport is a proper brilliant place to live. He frequents southport message boards in work and goes on about this and that about it. Does my head in cos it's a s*** hole... Reminds me of the opening to the Lost Boys when I visit

I used to love Southport years ago - plenty to do, nice balance between seaside tackiness and faded Edwardian elgance - but I last went about 8 years back and couldn't believe how far downhill it had gone. One of my prime reasons to visit the place in adulthood - Kernaghan's bookshop - is now dead as well, as Kernaghan has now relocated to the Bluecoat in Liverpool.

I used to love Southport years ago - plenty to do, nice balance between seaside tackiness and faded Edwardian elgance - but I last went about 8 years back and couldn't believe how far downhill it had gone. One of my prime reasons to visit the place in adulthood - Kernaghan's bookshop - is now dead as well, as Kernaghan has now relocated to the Bluecoat in Liverpool.

think I was in there in Southport last time I went, on Lord St but set back a bit?

I met Kenny and Hansen in a bar there a few years back. Best thing ever.

The houses you can get there for the money are just mental though. Not sure if that's because the transport to Liverpool and Manchester isn't exactly quick from there. Am still toying with moving up there or near there in the future, althought after years in London and Tokyo I think I'd like to be a bit closer to Liverpool so I don't go suburb crazy.

There's a couple of great chippies though.