By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans. By fans, for fans.

Liverpool in stats after 30 games

Rory Fitzgerald

I have had a look at some of the key stats in our 30 Premier League games.

Some of you may know, I have started a blog where I will duplicate the 'Match Thread' from here and use in the blog.

However, this is a piece I have just used in the blog - going forward I will always use the full text here for the 'Opposition Preview' i.e. no link to the blog.

Click on the link below for our performance so far.

http://preview.roryfitz9.webnode.com/news/liverpools-performance-after-30-games/

In summary, we are good in possession, in attack, plenty of goals and shots at goal.

However, defence, protecting defence and aerial 'contests' are weak.

Good piece.

Only thing that jumped out at me:

"In 12 games we have conceded 2 goals."

- Actually we've conceded 2 - or more - in 16 out of 30 games which more accurately highlights how poor we are defensively. Think you might only be counting the games where we conceded exactly 2, and not considering the 4 (WBA, Stoke, Villa Soton - what a s*** list :angry: ) - where we conceded 3.

Good that Rory. Just with my proofreader head on, there's a weird mix of font sizes on there - not sure if you can change that.

That was the 1 thing that did my head in with that website - I was consistently changing the font and yet it would revert to an older style. I thought I caught it all but I will have another look.

Thanks for the feedback, without it I would have been oblivous to the fact that the link was dead.

Was there anything you strongly agreed with or disagreed with Cam ?

:D i was going to type more but tiredness hit me; i'm not even sure i took any of it in. I shall read again later but i know i enjoyed reading it.

Really enjoyed that. Is tackles per game (re Lucas), successful or attempted tacklers? Also, that Suarez point about being surprisingly only 19th most fouled backs up the refs give him f*** all theories.

Unfortunately its just total tackles.

Yeah, regarding Suarez, that is one interpretation you could take out of it.

I reckon you just made all that up as it supports everything that we whinge about in games:

-Crap defense - check, got a stat for that

-Suarez treated badly by refs - check, never gets fouls

-Pass a lot - check

-Press in games - check

-Shoot a lot - check, yep but rubbish shots

etc..

;)

I reckon you just made all that up as it supports everything that we whinge about in games:

-Crap defense - check, got a stat for that

-Suarez treated badly by refs - check, never gets fouls

-Pass a lot - check

-Press in games - check

-Shoot a lot - check, yep but rubbish shots

etc..

;)

You are not far wrong, I was trying to marry two things together (a) what we see or think we see with our eyes and (b) what the stats tell us. Though as I said alluded to, you could give a few people the same set of stats about a team and they could all come to differing conclusions about what it means.